13 - Meltdown Baby

"Hand me the scissors, will you?" I said to Jolayemi in a bluntly rude tone. Not that I cared to realise how I sounded any way, I just needed to get my job done.

It was two days since I left Kamal at Iya Amoke's buka and I have been drowning myself in work ever since. I didn't want to think back at how everything turned out, I just needed distractions and that has been going fine all by me. I haven't been at home but Jola and Fiyin both pleaded to accompany to my studio as they were curious to see how things were turning.

In all honesty, there was no spirit of enthusiasm with me with my two siblings as they made things worse with their bickering and laughters. I loved distraction but theirs wasn't a good one. Since they have both chosen to be useless, I decided Fiyin would come in handy in being my model for the sampling fitting.

"What is wrong with her?" I heard Jola whisper into Fiyin's ear.

"Ask her yourself na," Fiyin replied in sarcasm, making Jola to kiss her teeth loudly.

"Here, your scissors," I ordered, ignoring that I never heard what their whispers were about.

"Took you long enough." I sighed as Jola handed it over with my gaze still focused on the pins I attached together on the fabric.

I was working on a corset jumpsuit, a piece from the collection I came up with and so help me goodness fuck, Fiyin wasn't staying still.

I stretched my palms signalling Jolayemi to hand me more sewing pins. "Pins!"

"How many?"

"Four of them and just the green colour." I ordered my eyes still glued at Fiyin's snatched waist.

I heard her muttering profanities underneath her breath whilst she fished for the pins in the cookie tin I stored them all in. She handed them over to me one by one.

"Ouch!" I heard Fiyin flinched. "You are hurting me."

"That's because you aren't staying still." I said to Fiyin in an already frustrating voice.

"Take it easy on her na." Jola chimed in.

I paid no attention to their complaints, they could screech for all I care. I continued holding the fabric with the pins together, still kneeling to sew some parts that needed some detailing fixing.

"Ouch!" Fiyin yelped in pain, causing me to unintentionally preek her with the sewing needle.

I didn't know but I felt all the anger and frustration flaring inside me. They had ruined the perfect piece I was working on and I was sure these two fools had no idea of of the blood and sweat I put to have made this work.

"You know what? I think you both should leave." I said in the most calmest tone, trying to compose myself.

"Are you serious now? What is wrong, Yeside?" Jola retorted with a confused look on her face.

"I need the both of you out of my studio! Get out and never come back." I said with rage filling every inch of me.

"What the hell? You hurt me with that needle and this is all I get?" Fiyin glared at me.

"I don't understand, why should I get out too?" Jola protested.

"I said the both of you should get out! Get out of here and never come back again! Devil's messengers!" I snapped at them in rage.

They knew not to protest further with the look I had on my face. They knew me too well when it came to being on my bad side. I could care less if they ripped off the jumpsuit I made, they needed to leave.