CH 13 ~ The fair

Hello lovelies 💓

New chapter ✨️

Let's go......

Author's pov

' We are going on a lunch!!!! ' she squealed internally . Well who won't like when you get attention from your crush. 

" chale ?  "  He asked bringing her back from thoughts . She nodded and started following him.  She couldn’t help but feel a mix of excitement and nervousness. As they chatted about work and life, the car smoothly glided through the streets.

Her attention was suddenly caught by a colorful blur on the side of the road—a fair, vibrant and lively, with people milling about and children’s laughter filling the air. The rides, the stalls, and the festive atmosphere reminded her of simpler times. For a moment, she felt a pang of longing to stop and enjoy the festivities, but she quickly dismissed the thought. She didn't want to waste Abhi’s time with something so frivolous.

But Abhi saw her and without a word, began to slow the car. She turned to him, puzzled, as he reversed and found a place to park near the fair.

“Abhi, you don’t have to—” she started, but he cut her off with a smile.

“I want to,” he said simply.

" what about lunch ? " she asked .

" we can have it later. Let's enjoy this right now."    he answered

They stepped out of the car and into the fair, the atmosphere immediately lifting her spirits. The fairgrounds buzzed with excitement under the twilight sky, colorful lights casting a magical glow over the crowd.

Amidst the stalls and games, Anu found herself drawn to a ring-toss game. Determination sparked in her eyes as she picked up the rings and aimed for the bottles with unwavering focus. Yet, despite her repeated attempts, the rings seemed to mock her, sliding off or falling short every time.

Abhi watched her with amusement, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "I didn’t know lawyers were so bad at aiming," he teased, his voice light but carrying a hint of his usual arrogance.

Anu shot him a mock glare, but her competitive spirit was undeterred. "Fine, Mr. CEO," she retorted, her voice laced with challenge. "Let's see if you can do any better."

Abhi chuckled, accepting her challenge with a confident nod. With a casual flick of his wrist, he picked up the rings and effortlessly aimed each one. The rings landed perfectly, encircling the necks of the bottles with precision. Anu watched in amazement as he secured a win within moments, his skill undeniable.

The game attendant handed Abhi a prize—a fluffy teddy bear adorned with a red bow. Instead of keeping it for himself, Abhi turned to Anu with a small smile . " for you," he said softly, holding out the teddy bear.

Anu's heart skipped a beat at the unexpected gesture. She took the bear with a grateful smile, the warmth spreading through her chest.

As they strolled further into the fair, the sound of music caught Anu’s attention. A group of people had gathered around a small stage where local musicians were playing and singing . The lively, infectious energy of the music drew her in, and without hesitation, she joined the group, adding her voice to the chorus.

[ A/N : listen Dekha tenu from Mr. & Mrs. Mahi ]

Dekha tenu pehli pehli baar ve
Hone laga dil bekaraar ve
Rabba mainu ki ho gaya
Dil janiye main tera hi ho gaya

Ho tere aage pichhe ghume soneya
Jadoo tere hath chumme soneya
Mitha mitha ji ho gaya
Dil janiye haye mainu ki ho gaya