chapter 27

Jing Sheng gently places the baby on the bed, he isn't sure about this but he needs to in order to make ends meet.

"If there are any emergencies, go to your grandma and aunt for aid. I promise to be back before sun down, there are enough goat milk and batted rice and if you are hungry there is food in the pot, I asked Le Yan to check up on you guys so expect him anytime today." Jing Sheng informs Chen Jinhai.

Chen Jinhai nods, he knows a good about babies after watching his mother so he got a good gist of it.

"You be careful," Chen Jinhai informs.

Jing Sheng softens and smiles then kisses his cheeks, "I will, my lovely son."

It was early in the morning and little Chen Jianyu was sleeping so he couldn't tell him bye, having a bag on his back with a few things. He was about to walk away when Chen Jinhai stopped him.

"Mother,"

"Yes?"

"Can I go with you someday? I haven't practised with my bow in a long time." Chen Jinhai asks, politel.

Jing Sheng smiles, "of course!"

Chen Jinhai lights up nodding Jing Sheng smiles, he thought Jinhai isn't into hunting and is more of a scholar type of child but he is wrong.

Jing Sheng is happy to learn more about his child, after all its best not only have textbook definition of children for they are more complicated than mere words. Walking over to the Yu brothers Jing Sheng begins his travels whil wavi goodbye to his eldest.

Chen Jinhai looks at his baby brother who is cooing while sleeping, he remembers his last moments with his dad they should have gone hunting. He wants to protect his famil, if he can become a great hunter so his mother doesn't have to work so hard. But for now he just have to accept it and make sure his siblings are okay.

Jing Sheng studies the path as he walks with brothers who had bows on their back and machete at their waist. They had a bag with them must be some other supplies like food, he did prepare extra food to share with the brothers in case.

Yu Hang looks at Jing Sheng, "are you alright?"

Yu Hang was worried about Jing Sheng because while they are use to the journey the same cannot be said for Jing Sheng.

"I'm fine," Jing Sheng was anxious to reach the woods in order to collect supplies for his home.

Yu Hang was concern by the look on his face but it was not his place to inquire on the matters of Jing Sheng's mind.

Though the journey was a bit long they had reach in good time, Jing Sheng smile at the riches in this woodland. After all ancient time rich with resources he looks around to see a large tree the bark where large and one of its branches were a huge bee hive.

He smiles, he could get some honey for the boys after another venture. The Yu brothers place their supplies discreetly hiding them, they had already begin to equip their their bows.

"We are going deeper inside the forest, this side should be safe but be careful it's still not entirely safe."

Jing Sheng nods as he smiles, he already sees various plants, from wild garlic mustard to wild spinach docks which is funny since some of these plants aren't supposed to grow in the area. Jing Sheng looks at the beehive inside the tree bark and thinks about how he'll harvest honey but this is for another venture here for now plants.

Jing Sheng thanks the heavens on his good fortune that things turned out in his favor as he stares taking wild spinaches and some medicinal herbs, he looks at the wild berries carefully investigating the edible and none edible.

Berries are popular among insects but if there are no signs insects bites its safe to say the Berries aren't edible but there are other ways to learn if it's edible, since some Berries requires preparation to eat take the elder berry for example unprepare can cause some nausea an some unsavory side effects.

Jing Sheng was lost in his venture as he studied one plant from the other, he was careful to not go in the dangerous parts of the woods. But somehow he had stray a bit too far because of the plants he was discovered, he should set some traps.

He thinks deep within himself as he sees the wild pig runs to the other corner of the woods at the site, if he could find a wild hen now he'd have some egg in the morning since eggs were relatively expensive.

He climbs a tree witnessing a bird's nest, leaving his bag with harvest on the floor. The parents were away so he takes the eggs from nest, he pause for a moment as his past life flashes before his eyes he remembers a moment like this. When he was a mere boy, before his father turned into monster of his nightmares, he wish he could have shown his son the beauty of this but his girls and boys were more interested in escaping the life he had to offer. He doesn't blame them he once did but now he understands time changes and his old ways dies.

He takes some fruits from trees then carefully climbs down with the eggs in his hands, he places them carefully in already full bag. He takes out his first meal sitting under a shaded tree to eat his first serving, he wonders how the boys are doing?

Jing Sheng body pauses then drops the meal when he sees the large angry running animal from the out the bushes.

"Yu He, Don't let it stray to far!"

Jing Sheng could see the brothers appearing from the woods as the try to get a good angle on the animal, but ultimately stops when they sees that Jing Sheng is also in angle as well.

"Shit! Yu He! Careful!"

The wild boar that they were chasing puffs speeding up towards Jing Sheng, his body tenses he have his hands behind his back then hisses.

Soon as he the animal reaches him he slightly moves out his way but still in range, he grabs on as the boar hits his side taking the small opening to stab it in the neck.

Jing Sheng let's go receiving some scratches as Yu Hang runs up to Jing Sheng checking on him. His face was stricken with worry.

"Are you okay?"

Jing Sheng smiles proudly, "I'm fine just a few scratches."

Yu Hang is still not convince as he sees the cut in his hand bleeding, he wants to inquire about his side since he was hit badly but he can never ask a married gent to strip. He blushes at the thought then proceeded to internally scolded himself for having such ludicrous thoughts.

"Aha!"

The both turns when they heard Yu He exclamation.

"It's dead, we'd get some good ones on this one, after all its not everyday you get such a clean hunt!" Yu He explained.

Yu He turns in excitement but becomes silent seeing his brother gently tending to the married gent, soon a gleeful and knowing smile came across his face. He knew it!