CHEMISTRY CLASS WAS...interesting.

Bachira's constant stream of chatter paired with the silent effort he put into his work as Risa instructed him. She'd learned that Bachira was actually a year older than her. To that, he'd praised her for taking a class meant for the year older. Typically for her, she was currently taking multiple classes meant for the older students of Blue Lock. His praise made her feel...flustered? Her only response had been a small muttered "thank you."

She was praised constantly for her genius, yet coming from this bubbly boy, he said it with such genuine intentions it almost felt false.

Even with her constant orders for him to follow, he was still kind as ever, ever so often closing his mouth and focusing on his work. She hated to say it, but she appreciated his cooperation.

A small voice in the back of her mind whispered to teach him.

She ignored it.

She now walked side by side with Bachira down the narrow pathway outside the school, the two caged between the walls with just enough room to walk comfortably.

Bachira talked animatedly about their project and about how he found it incredible the way she executed the mathematics perfectly without fail every time. His bright eyes were big, his smile was sweet and his movements were energetic. He was entirely opposite to the quiet force that was Risa Mikage.

While he was a whirlwind of sunshine, she was a ray of moonlight.

"I'm so lucky I got paired with you, Lilac. You're really incredible." He was so sickeningly kind and optimistic, Risa could hardly believe it. How could someone be so positive constantly?

"Risa! Bachira!" The voice of her brother awoke her from her trance as he caught up to them, clapping a hand on Bachira's shoulder.

"Reo!" Bachira exclaimed, the classic sunshine smile on his face.

Reo grinned at Bachira, then when his eyes met his sister, they lit up. "Hey, Risa! You should come out to watch us play tonight."

Bachira's face shone with pure delight. "Yeah, come watch us!"

Clearly this duo was dangerous.

Risa raised an eyebrow just slightly. She'd gone to their games before, but why was Reo just mentioning for her to go tonight of all nights? To behave herself? Be nicer to Bachira? She really didn't have much against him, he was a nice guy. Maybe too nice for her liking. So not her type.

"Ah, come on, Riri!" Reo said, shaking Bachira's shoulder excitedly. "You'll get to see this monster in action!"

Bachira glanced down, his cheeks warming as if a little embarrassed by the nickname. Risa's eyes softened on the two boys in response. Sometimes she forgot Bachira and Reo were regular dorky teenage boys and not just snobby older boys.

"I'll go." Risa spoke.

She didn't know why she said it. She just knew that seeing Reo in such high spirits and close with Bachira, she'd go to please him. And maybe a little bit for Bachira too.

Bachira looked up, his lips breaking out into a smile while Reo's purple eyes, so similar to her own, were filled with excitement and gratitude.

"We'll put on a show just for you, Lilac." He winked, his hair shifting in the breeze, revealing the streaks of sunlight along with his pretty face and golden eyes. Risa knew why girls fell for him despite his idiotic behaviour. She cursed herself for understanding.

Reo looked between his twin and his friend, as if sensing a sudden shift in Risa's eyes while watching him. To ease whatever swirled within Risa's lilac eyes, he began to speak. "We're playing Sweden to get into the U-20 World Cup."