Chapter 1

As I walk down the familiar high school hallway, flanked by my two best friends, Kelsey and Taylor, the weight of anticipation sits heavy on my chest

As I walk down the familiar high school hallway, flanked by my two best friends, Kelsey and Taylor, the weight of anticipation sits heavy on my chest. I can't help but share my innermost thoughts with them,

"Guys, can you believe it? This letter could change everything for me. The boarding school acceptance is like a golden ticket to a whole new world."

Their encouraging smiles and nods reassure me, one of them chiming in,

"Annika, you're destined for greatness, and this is just the beginning." Taylor says.

I don't think I could through highschool without these two. Wait a second, lemme rephrase my sentence, I don't think I could go through life without them.

They've been with me since the 3rd grade with little Bobby Jnr called me an Indian rat.

Taylor punched him in the face while Kelsey stepped on his toes.

We have been friends since.

Taylor Mason is the daughter of the town's and her mom is a nurse. She comes from a stable home with average income. She is an only child so she is spoiled rotten.

Then Kelsey, dad is a CEO of company and mom is a make up artist. Also rich but didn't want to go to Crescent Academy for a weird reason.

Hey, My name is Annika Orlov, a Russian and Indian born British. I know, I know, weird combo right.

Well when your mom rans home from her tyrant parents and didn't get any country to go to except for Russia and marries this chef at the first restaurant she visited and they both moved to England to start family, you'll have this combo.

My mom is a full time indian and my dad is a full Russian man, you could guess, my home is the sweetest.

I understand both Russian and Hindu but English is my first language. I do not have the Russian accent like my dad nor the Indian like my mom.

Although we have been to Russia a couple of times, I have never been to India. But mom never forgets her culture, we celebrate each and everyone of our their festivals and dad has been a great support to that.

I am the eldest of three siblings, have a younger brother and sister after me respectively. So a lot of things are expected of me.

See, we are not rich, dad barely makes ends meet with his restaurant and mom just got lead off from her work a week ago.

So I have to work after school to save someone if I want to accomplish that Yale dream.

Hence, I applied for a Scholarship transfer to the only school that can guarantee me a spot in Yale university.

Crescent Academy.

A private school on an island off the coast of Wales and England.

It is owned by two siblings who come from one of richest family in the world. Getting an admission there in my senior year will help boast my status.

I know, I know, Annika, why would go to a preppy school like that.

Simple answer Yale university.

Although they have a record of admitting only Royals across the world and rich families, every once in a year, they open a spot for locals to join on scholarship.

This year I hope I get the spot.

The sound of lockers closing and chatter of students fade into the background as we march forward, each step bringing me closer to the moment that could shape my future.

The sunlight streams through the windows, casting long shadows across the hallway, a metaphor for the uncertainty and possibility that lay ahead.

My mind races with thoughts of what could be - new friends, challenging classes, and experiences that could shape me in ways I can't even imagine.

The support of my friends is like a lifeline, grounding me in this moment of transition.

As we round the corner, the anticipation builds like a crescendo in a symphony, each note vibrating with hope and apprehension.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach, as we approach the spot where I'll receive the letter that holds the key to my future.

With my friends by my side, I feel a surge of courage and determination, ready to face whatever fate has in store for me.

As we gather by our lockers, the tension in the air becomes palpable as the mean girl or should I say slut queen, Nicole, who also applied for the coveted spot at the boarding school, approaches us. With a sneer on her face, she delivers her cutting words,

"You're such a loser, Annika. You don't stand a chance."

Her attempt to undermine me sends a chill down my spine, but before I can even process her words, my friends step in, a united front against her cruelty.

Taylor,her voice firm and unwavering, retorts, "You have no right to speak to her like that. Annika is strong, talented, and deserving of this opportunity."

Kelsey usually the quiet one, stands tall beside me, offering silent but powerful support. Their defense shields me from the sting of Nicole words, reminding me that true strength lies not in tearing others down but in lifting them up.

In that moment, amidst the clash of words and emotions, I feel a surge of gratitude for the unwavering support of my friends. Their loyalty and belief in me act as a shield against the negativity aimed my way. As Nicole retreats, her confidence momentarily shaken, I realize that no matter what challenges come my way, with friends like mine standing by me, I have the courage and resilience to face whatever lies ahead.

"Come on girl, let's head to class. You are getting that spot"Taylor says and I smile at her.

Nicole is my biggest rival I don't know what I'll do if she gets that spot.

I mean her dad is the mayor of this town, so they are pretty loaded. She'll fit perfectly into that society.

I can't wait for the principal to announce who was picked for spot.

I join hands and head to class.

.........

Hey, Lovie

First chapter, let me know your thoughts in the comments. Thank you