Blood Breathing

Nezuko turned around but didn't see anyone. Yet she was convinced she had just heard Tanjiro's voice.

"It must have been my imagination," she thought.

"It wasn't your imagination!" the voice replied. "I've entered your mind, but I'm not actually here."

"Tanjiro?"

"It's about time you figured it out, little sister. Now I want to ask you something. Do you want to become the queen of demons? Together, we can control the world!"

Nezuko thought about it. She wanted to be with her brother more than anything in the world... Should she agree? But no, the one speaking to her wasn't Tanjiro, but an evil version of him.

"Sorry, but I don't want to be a demon."

"Alright," Tanjiro shrugged. "In that case, we will fight each other to the death. Unless you change your mind, of course. Now, pick up the sword."

Only then did Nezuko realize that the katana had slipped from her hands. She looked at it but was suddenly filled with doubts.

"What if I don't?"

Tanjiro sighed irritably.

"Do you want to cut the boulder or not?"

The girl listened to her brother and picked up the sword. Suddenly, she felt a surge of energy. Pink flames began to emanate from the sword. Nezuko swung it and, with one strike, almost split the boulder.

"What was that?" she gaped. "Is my Blood Demon Art coming back? I know I'm still partly a demon, but this is too much."

"It's a mix of your Blood Demon Art and Sun Breathing, which has been passed down in our family for generations. Now you're stronger and will be able to survive even against higher-ranked demons."

Nezuko gripped the katana.

"Tanjiro, we are enemies. Why are you helping me?"

"It's simple, little sister. If you become stronger and face me, it will make for a dramatic battle, which I will, of course, win. Then I'll turn you into a demon, and together, we will rule the world!"

"So you want drama?"

"Oh, shut up."

An awkward silence followed. About a minute later, Tanjiro announced that he would return to her mind during the final selection and left. Nezuko sighed. She felt anger toward Tanjiro – he was toying with her and not taking her seriously! The girl took a deep breath, swung, and this time cut the boulder.

---

Urokodaki served some of the prepared meal for himself and Nezuko. After they ate, she explained to her teacher about the newly discovered breathing technique and even showed him how she had cut the boulder. She only omitted that Tanjiro had hinted at what to do. Urokodaki pondered. With a nod, he approved the breathing technique. He asked Nezuko what she would name the newly created style. After a brief hesitation, the girl stated that she would call it "Blood Breathing." The teacher approved again and suddenly stood up. He went to a cabinet and took out a mask. Nezuko's eyes widened.

"Is that for me? Thank you!"

"The final selection is the day after tomorrow. I have nothing more to teach you. All I can do is wish you good luck."

Nezuko nodded with a smile on her face. It sounded incredible, but she was already burning with excitement. She genuinely wanted to test her breathing technique again, but as much as she didn't want to admit it, she was burning with a desire to talk to Tanjiro. Maybe he would explain more about Blood Breathing...

.
.
.
---
Hello! As promised, I made a drawing for this chapter. I apologize for the bad quality! 🥲 I will draw Nezuko's mask for the next chapter. Thank you for reading this fanfic! 🥰

 Thank you for reading this fanfic! 🥰