Hidden Feelings

(y/n) POV
。・゜・(ノД')・゜・。
She'll never look at you the way you look at her. Her eyes are loyally set on her long time lover.

All of the I love you's and compliments you'd playfully tell each other were just broken promises.

You meant every I love you, telling her she's beautiful when she didn't feel like it, letting her know that the world would be duller without her here.

Touka's POV
。・゜・(ノД')・゜・。
She pushed you. Pushed you to the edge with her subtle hints, trying to get you to voice your true feelings. She wanted so badly for you to tell her what you wanted.

What you truly wanted.

She was tired of the happy go lucky (y/n) always rooting for her relationship to stay strong.

Why couldn't you be more selfish? Why did you have to always put others before yourself. Brushing off her questions and changing the subject. She didn't know how she'd react if you did ever tell her?

Reject you?

Tell you she had someone else she loved?

She knew the latter would kill you.

Hearing it from your unrequited love herself. That would definitely diminish any hopes of continuing a friendship or any form of relationship for that matter.

(y/n) POV
。・゜・(ノД')・゜・。
You've tip toed around the idea of confessing to her, but the negative outcomes always outweighed the slim chance of her returning your feelings.

"How would she react?"

"If she rejected me would we be able to have any sort of relationship?"

You didn't want to take the risk and jeopardize something that you hold so precious to your heart.

So instead of grabbing her arm and forcefully taking her lips, releasing all of the pent up love and passion you had under lock and key, you just wave goodbye to her like any other day and trek the rest of the way home, alone.

Walking away with your what ifs.