Chapter 1

The atmosphere within the grandest and most luxurious office of the Burton Park building, one of the most modern office buildings situated in Bangkok's prime location, was now as tense as a storm brewing. Yet, amid the gloom, there was an undercurrent of heat, like a fire on the verge of eruption.

Elis Trin Burton, a tall figure in a dark suit, was tense and irritable, having been denied by someone who'd always managed to fulfill his desires.

Patt stood with a stoic face, but his displeasure towards the other party was unmistakably clear. The close assistant was resisting and challenging his young boss.

As for the boss himself, he disliked the expression Patt was showing.

He loathed it with a passion.

The handsome, soft-featured, scowling face always managed to capture the young man's attention, knowing full well that beneath the polite suit, there was a hidden heat in nearly every square inch.

Even with his eyes closed, he couldn't help but think of Patt's bare body, which gave him a feeling far better than he'd ever experienced with anyone else. The muscles that were neither too much nor too little, the white and smooth skin haunted him whether he sat or lay down.

Patt was the devoted assistant who stood by him in every situation, no matter how life-threatening. The person who was always by his side was the owner of that plain, clean face. But this ordinary person could always provoke intense emotions and heat in someone like Elis.

Like now, where he was hard and turned on, wanting to pin the other down on the work desk to teach him a lesson for his arrogant attitude that grated on him every day.

"I can't go, Boss," Patt said in a languid tone laced with defiance, a perfect catalyst to ignite the smoldering emotions.

Elis wondered if he hadn't stopped himself that day, Patt wouldn't be standing here arguing with him so brazenly. Maybe he'd be begging for attention the moment he saw his face.

"Yes... you have to," Elis's voice was terse.

"I asked for leave in advance."

"I'm not giving you leave. You have to go to Krabi with me. You always go with me," Elis said irritably, narrowing his eyes menacingly.

"Except for this time."

"Huh! Don't tell me you're intentionally provoking me."

Elis interrogated him, his gaze and tone unfriendly, showing a familiarity like those accustomed to giving orders.

"I wouldn't do such a thing. Even if I'm upset or angry with you, I wouldn't let it affect the work."

Patt snapped back and pursed his lips tightly. He looked at the other with resignation, tired of arguing with someone as unreasonable as Elis.

Elis, hearing that tone, was just as angry because, after the heated moments they'd shared, he expected a softer response rather than the defiant attitude being displayed now.

The two young men had been experiencing sexual tension for some time. Although outwardly, they appeared indifferent to each other, the forbidden, passionate incident that had occurred was bound to resurface if either of them carelessly crossed the thin line they had drawn.

The line that defined boss and subordinate. If someone crossed it, things would become complicated beyond imagination.

"You have to go with me!" Elis's voice showed his selfishness. This was a final ultimatum, as he was accustomed to.

"You can go alone or find someone else to accompany you. That shouldn't be difficult," Patt retorted as normally as possible, even though his heart fluttered every time Elis was within two meters. He knew someone of Elis's caliber would have people eager to accompany him. Right now, he didn't trust either his boss or himself; the chances of a spark igniting were high whenever they were alone in a conducive atmosphere.