Chapter 3

Screeching tires signaled the stop of the black SUV which were now parked along the sidewalk in front of the city's police station.

Antonio D'angelo stepped gracefully out of the backseat the car, avoiding the fresh puddle of water on the uneven pavement. He gave his wife a hand to get out, as she swung her legs after him out the car.

"Amore," his wife, Giulia, breathed worriedly, as he pulled her close to his side. "What if it-"

"It's real, mia cara, it's real." Antonio pecked her on the crown of her head. "We are getting our little principessa back." Tears welled up in both their eyes, at the thought of getting their little girl back, who wouldn't be so little anymore.

After they had pulled themselves together, they walked into the police station, and made their way to the reception.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" The young receptionist smiled nicely at them from behind the counter.

"Yes, my name is Antonio D'angelo. Earlier today I got a phone call from a Tania Doranell, who told me they had my daughter in their custody." Antonio explained calmly.

"Ah, of course." The receptionist got up from her chair. "Right this way, sir, ma'am."

They left the lobby of the station, and walked down a hallway where other officers and police workers hurriedly walked past them.

"I rather like your hair, young lady. Very modern," Giulia complimented the receptionists multicolored hair.

"Thank you, ma'am. It was my little sisters' idea." The receptionist twirled a strand of hair between her fingers, smiling brightly.

"Well, that sounds wonderful. I have two sons of my own." Giulia smiled. "And the daughter we are here to collect."

"I'll take a guess she's the youngest, and got in trouble with the authorities?" The receptionist laughed.

A smile grazed Giulias lips. "Yes. But we haven't seen her in a long time."

The receptionist looked curious, but gestured to a door. "Just in here." She smiled. "I hope everything turns out well."

"Thank you, you're a dear," Giulia complimented. The receptionist smiled and headed back to the lobby.

A/N I got stuck here, 'cause I've had too much shit to do. I knew what to write next, just didn't have the time, so I'm continuing writing it now!

--line break--

Isabella was shaking. No matter how many times Aurelio, her brother, her best friend, told her it wasn't him. She didn't care about the intrigued looks Henderson sent her, nor the curious glances from Doranell.

My name is Isabella Russo, and I will not be afraid.

Even if she had yet to marry Alessandro, she saw herself as a Russo. Alessandro and his parents agreed. Ofelia and Gio had once told her, they had seen her as one of their own for almost as long as she had been with them. That had been after their engagement announcement to the two of them. Ofelia had helped Sandro prepare. It as her motherly duty, she claimed. And Gio looked like someone had shot him. And if he hadn't been... well, him, Isabella would have shot him. Just to see if he would look the same. Minus the screaming and cursing shooting him would provoke.

Isabella had heard the three persons arrival a little before, as two feminine voices made small talk. One of the voices sounded so familiar to her, but Isabella couldn't place it.

When the door finally opened, she straightened in her seat.

First came a woman. She was smiling nicely, and pushed her long, golden bronze hair over her shoulder. Isabella looked her up and down. She was wearing a black bodysuit with a red cardigan over. Elegant. She looked nothing short of elegant, as she moved towards the desk, where they were seated. And her eyes...

Good god, her eyes. The startling, ice blue eyes starred at Isabella with such longing and love, yet with a withdraw Isabella couldn't quiet place. Though it was the exact color as her own eyes, which now drifted to the man, who had appeared in the door behind the beautiful woman.

Panic. The all-consuming panic welled up in her chest.

But then... relief.

The mans hair was a shade darker, almost black. The exact color of Isabellas own, which she was unconsciously twirling between her fingers.

His eyes- they were an entirely different color. Where he had a bluish green eye color, this man had pure green eyes.

But the physique, the way he held him self, the facial features. Fucking hell. It was all the same.

The biggest contrast was, however, that this man still had both his hands. One of which he had snaked around the woman, presumably his wife, and the other, which has placed by his pants waistband, ready to go into action if needed be.

The man wasn't him. But they could surely go as brothers, twins even.

In spite of all that, she recognized them, and she knew Aurelio did too.

The Italian mafias don and donna, Antonio and Giulia D'angelo.

I've had this chapter for like, a week? Just didn't get to the publishing part...

Pls comment, what do you think of the arrival of her birth parents?