Chapter 9

Please don't be a silent reader.

Ezekiel found her fairly quickly. Not that she had hidden, or gotten very far from Antonio's office.

Curse you, stupid crutches!

Then he had pulled her along, and now he was talking her ears off while showing her different rooms and special places in the gigantic house, from the top to the bottom.

To be honest, she actually didn't quite mind. His bubbly personality made her almost forget why she was there.

He showed her the three upper floors, but they passed the door to the cellar very quickly. So quickly, that Isa was sure that was where they had their important information and different stuff for the mafia.

On the ground floor was the kitchen, with a half wall separating it from the giant living room, filling a lot of the rest of the floor. Ezekiel had explained it was only used by the family, and that there was a larger kitchen, where the maids prepared the food, both for themselves, but also the family's dinner. Sometimes, he told her, Giulia would join the maids in making dinner.

There were two counters in the kitchen. One against the half wall, which had chairs under it, to sit on, which was used for breakfast, Ezekiel explained.

On the other walls, was a L-shaped counter, with all the newest kitchen facilities.

Ezekiel found a tray in a cabinet over the L-shaped counter, and opened the refrigerator, before looking over at her.

"If you tell anyone about this, I might just cut your- uh, I can't say head, I need my little sister, and mama e papa needs you. Hmm, I'll destroy your social life!" Ezekiel started off sounding extremely serious, but ended up with the facial expression of a puppy.

(mom and dad)

An excited puppy.

Isa almost cringed. Almost. But she held her emotions under lock and key. She didn't need these people. And they most certainly didn't need her. She only brought trouble.

Looking back at Ezekiel, he was now holding a box of chocolate and raspberry macarons in his hands.

Isa raised an eyebrow at him. "I didn't know Italians ate French desserts."

Ezekiel's cheeks heated up a bit. Then he straightened, popping his chest out. "Well this one does, and he's proud of it!" He turned around and made a little arrangement out of the two types of macarons.

When he was finished, he put the rest of the macarons back in the fridge. Then he turned to Isa with calculating eyes, probably calculating the possibility of her telling anyone about his little "secret".

He grabbed the tray and walked out of the kitchen. "Come on," he called at her when she took a minute too long to follow. "I'll let you have the ones with chocolate if you- uh I don't know. I'll just let you have the ones with chocolate."

-line break-

The chocolate macarons were his favorite, but seeing the girl, Isabella, his sister, having to fight back a moan of pleasure, as she slowly ate them, made it worth it.

Ezekiel only remembered very little about his newfound sister, from when they were children, as he had only been four when she was taken. But a thing that had stuck with him was her love for chocolate.

That might have been where his own love for the treat had come from. And if it meant, now that she was back, that he had to share his chocolate with her, he would gladly do it.