Chapter One

Y/N L/N's life was boring, not to say she liked drama, but every day was rewind and repeat.

How was one supposed to survive when she could hardly live?

The only thing that brought her joy was her book mostly the one called plot twist. It was an enthralling one-standing book that had the girl on the edge of her seat the entire time she was reading it.

She longed to be like the gorgeous female lead Cassandra or have someone like the male leads.

Y/N wished for a life that could even be compared to Cassandra's. She had three boys who were head over heels for her and vying for her affection, and a brother who wanted nothing, but to protect her.

Today was another average day in Y/N's life. As soon as she got home from school she gave her parents a greeting, and ran to her room, closing the door, and letting herself dream.

She closed her eyes and was transported into another world away from the dull stress filled one she was born into.

Through her mind's eye, she could see the scenarios between Cassandra and her brother, Jake. She imagined meeting Blake and his best friend who happened to be another male lead, Lucas. Or racing against Isaac the third, and sporty, male lead.

The more the girl clenched her e/c orbs the more she could see. She didn't dare open her eyes even when she heard some unexplainable whooshing. Had she closed the window? She could only hope the wind wasn't a sign of rain.

When she started to feel the soft brush of wind across her cheek she opened her eyes, but instead of being greeted by an empty room, she saw a kindly young woman who oddly resembled her mother.

In a panic, Y/N picked up the closest item which happened to be a lamp.

Swinging it around a couple of times she felt very short compared to this giant lady.

"Who are you?!" Screeched Y/N

"Y/N!" The lady scolded, "Put the lamp down!"

With so much confusion the girl finally looked around the room, and it seemed to be a shared room with her side being a darker sage green, and she had a bookshelf with black stained wood. Her e/c eyes were saucers looking at all the books she could previously only dream of.

The other side seemed to be a soft baby pink with white accents. They seemed to have opposite aesthetics.

The thing that caught her eye was two wooden signs plastered on the wall. The one on her side was again black stained wood, but it read Y/N her name.

The one on the other side was painted white and pink and read Cassandra.

Was this another dream? It didn't have the grainy texture of dreams, and it seemed way too real.

She put the lamp down and looked at the lady who seemed so tall. How was she this height yet so much taller than you when you were Y/H?

That's when Y/N caught her face on a black-stained mirror and gasped.

She wasn't seventeen anymore, she looked like time had somehow turned her back into a small 8th grader.

Ignoring the lady who had a worried look on her face, Y/N walked towards the mirror and touched her face, "I'm not seventeen?" She questioned slowly.

"Sweetheart? Are you all right?" The lady kneeled to her shorter height.

Y/N hesitated knowing it was a long shot yet she still tried, "Mom?" if Y/N was younger that meant her parents were too, and if her current theory was right then she had to figure this out this instant.

"Yes, honey? Are you feeling alright?"

Y/N's e/c eyes widened for the umpteenth time, "Just a small headache." She lied, "I had a weird dream."

Y/N was almost certain that this was not a dream. It felt too real, and it looked like real life, it wasn't shiny or grainy, and she was herself.

"I'm a little hungry." The confused girl admitted which immediately brightened her younger mother's features.

"I was here to call you for dinner. Jake and Cassandra are already down there."

At this moment her theory wasn't much of a theory as it was reality at this point. Now she realised that there was no way that this was a dream.

Y/N followed her mother out the door of her and Cassandra's room and into the dining room. The family seemed very well off, even to the point some would call them rich.

Her eyes instantly attached to the two breathtaking children sitting at the table. Indeed it was Cassandra and Jake from her novel. The two she dreamed of just being friends with, and yet here she was, and they were her siblings.

Y/N faked a yawn, maybe she could blame all her questions on a bad memory and weariness.

The two siblings seemed a little cold to Y/N, but smiled politely, almost like they weren't siblings, not even friends.

"That's my brother and sister?" She asked in half disbelief, their perfect pale doll skin and violet eyes clashed with their black hair that curled slightly. Y/N didn't think she even could compare with their beauty.

"Adopted." Jake was quick to butt in with an icy remark, though a polite smile on his face.

Cassandra seemed to kick him under the table and mutter something under her breath before turning to Y/N, "I hope we can all be good friends! After all, we are the same age!"

"Like twins." Y/N smiled at her enthusiasm, then joined for dinner, and entered into polite conversation with the family asking many questions. When asked about her time before, she shrugged and said she didn't like to talk about it, because truly she had no idea.

After dinner, Cassandra grabbed her hand and led her to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Y/N had made friends with the siblings, they were on track to being like actual siblings.

And for a moment Y/N thought maybe she could make it past this. She vowed to help Cassandra pick which male lead was best for her. Maybe just give her a polite push.