Chapter 2

"Please, sit down everyone, make yourselves comfortable." Eric said into the microphone as everyone started to get quiet.

"I have to say, it's wonderful to see all of your beautiful faces healthy and well tonight. Now, we all know about the fools that call themselves the Foot Clan. Horrible people that cause all this pain on us for no reason. See, I used to be a scientist in one of the tallest buildings here. We were trying to make an antidote for if a major event happened in the future. Well, during our research, the Foot Clan attacked the lab, and we lost everything we were working on. And we lost some of our other scientists as well. To this day, I remember the memory of that fateful night. Because of this however, it has helped me realize overtime that I can help protect New York City. Whenever there is a fire here, I will be the one to put it out, and that's a promise I will keep till the day I die."

Everyone stood up from their seats and applauded him.

He then walked off the stage and was stopped by April & Georgia.

"Eric Sacks, I'm April O'Niel from Channel 6." She said while shaking his hand.

Georgia stood behind her, not wanting to be too close to Eric. Even though Eric seemed to be a trusted man throughout NY, she couldn't help but feel like there was something he was hiding from everyone. She brushed off the thought as soon as he shook her hand all of a sudden.

"And you must be Ms. Halsey from that famous boutique! Your designs are marvelous!"

Georgia's hands started to shake when he let go.

"Y-Yes, that's me." She said awkwardly.

"I'm so happy you two are here, I was actually wanting to see you guys a few days ago but here we are!"

April and Eric laughed while Georgia stayed silent.

"Yes, your words were very inspirational to me and Georgia and we just appreciate everything you do for New York." Eric smiled as he looked at April.

"Mr. Sacks, we have a meeting later at 7 in the morning tomorrow, we need to get going." One of his bodyguards whispered to him. Eric sighed as he walked away, waving bye to everyone.

"Well ladies," Vern said, swinging the van keys on his index finger. "Shall we get going?"

"Sure thing."

"Well that was nice, wasn't it?" Georgia asked April. April nodded excitedly.

Vern groaned as he stopped the van in the road. "Traffic sucks.."

"I know man, every single d@mn time." Georgia mumbled.

Suddenly, they heard something loud in the distance. It almost sounded like a loud boombox or something.

"Roll the window down April." Georgia said in a serious tone. April did as she was told.

It was people screaming, and they were running from the underground Subway. Their eyes widened as April opened the door slowly, and she soon ran out.

"O'Niel! What are you-"

Vern accidentally got nudged over by Georgia as she climbed over to the door from the backseat.

"Stay here driver boy!" Georgia yelled while running beside April.

They both were trying to ask people why they were running, or at least what happened. Georgia was able to catch someone's response, but it was all gibberish.

They both went down the subway stairs slowly as people told them to run. They hide behind a wall, just at the last step of the staircase. April was behind Georgia, holding her hand.