Chapter 10

It had been some time since the whole thing happened. Vern's arm was fixed and he was credited with loads of cash and even a free car. He had taken credit for defeating Shredder, along with Georgia and April. They were only seen as sidekicks though. Either way, they didn't mind as the turtles still wanted to keep their existence a secret from society.

It was one night when April and Vern were meeting up in an old and empty car tower. "Did you get a new car?" She asked.

"Yeah. You're looking at the new Fenwick Express. Pretty sweet, huh?" April nodded with an awkward smile on her face.

"Kind of an upgrade. I figured I'd need new wheels after my old work vehicle went boom."

"Where did you-"

"Channel 6 gave it to me. They said don't put a scratch on it, but, it's not like lightning's going to strike twice."

Georgia groaned as she spotted Vern from her motorcycle. "Is that why you called her here? To talk about your car?"

Vern chuckled nervously. "No. April, I know that you're not exactly a fancy restaurant kind of girl, so I figured a creepy underpass in an abandoned neighborhood in the middle of the night was more your speed. I wanted you to be comfortable."

"Well, thanks for trying Vern." April said before giggling.

Georgia turned her head at the sound of a vehicle approaching. "We've got company."

April and Vern looked to see a cool turtle designed van driving close. It stopped. They all smiled as they saw Mikey poke his head out.

"What are you guys doing here?" April asked as she skipped forward with Georgia, Vern following behind.

"We figured we owed you guys a thanks for keeping our secret." Leo replied as he looked at Georgia.

"You had a lot to gain from telling people about us, but you three had our backs." Raph said, smiling.

"Don't worry, I don't need that info to rise in the news." Georgia smiled softly at her sister.

"Oh! Georgia, how's your job going?" April asked.

"I got fired."

Everyone's eyes widened.

"How?"

"The whole thing fucked up my career cause apparently I'm not supposed to be 'dangerous'."

Leo scoffed. "You can be however you want Georgia, you don't need to listen to those people anymore at least."

"Yeah, you're right. They were bitches anyway." She chuckled quietly, making Leo smile.

"So you guys are driving now?!" Vern asked.

"Yeah, man." Donnie replied. "I pimped this bad boy out. Got a 42-inch plasma with the NBA package, shave ice machine, 7.1 digital surround sound."

Mikey pressed a button, bringing up a small rocket launcher. "Check the bass, bruh!" Mikey said, before it shot a tiny rocket at Vern's car.

It exploded, causing the car to be in flames. "My fucking god." Vern whispered.

There was a moment of silence until Mikey said, "My bad, still learning buttons."

Vern let out a sad gasp. "I-I just bought that!"

"You and April can take the subway." Georgia said as she walked to her motorcycle.

"Can't you just take me with you on your bike? Please?"

Georgia laughed as she shook her head. "No, I've got my own thing to do."

"Which is?" Leo asked as he leaned his head out the window.

She smirked. "Like you need to know, Fearless."

Leo blushed at the nickname. She giggled as she rode off, avoiding the burning car with ease.

"We better get home." Leo said as he laughed to himself.

"Oh! I have a song for you April!" The turtles groaned.

"You promised not to-"

"It's happening. Imagine me and you. I do think about you day and night. It's only right To think about-"

"Shut up Mikey!" The doors to the van closed as they yelled at him before they opened again. Mikey sang horribly to April again, making her chuckle.

"I can't see me lovin nobody but you For all my life When you're with me, baby The skies'll be blue For all my life!"