CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Stay here and keep mute," I whispered to Hazel, my eyes locked on hers as I issued the command. She nodded silently, her expression a mask of obedience, for she knew that any misstep could jeopardize her chance. She had been compliant with every instruction I'd given her, driven by a desperate desire to leave the supernatural world and into the physical Earthly realm.

As I turned to face the darkness ahead, Hazel positioned herself behind me, her eyes fixed on my back like a lifeline. She watched with bated breath as I began to weave a complex spell, my hands dancing through the air with precision and purpose. The air around us seemed to vibrate with anticipation as if the very fabric of reality was waiting to see if we would succeed in our daring plan.

With each passing moment, Hazel's hope grew, her faith in me and my abilities burning brighter. She knew that I was her only chance at escape, and she was determined to follow my lead, no matter the cost. As we stood there, poised on the threshold of freedom, Hazel's silence was a testament to her trust in me, and her willingness to do whatever it took to leave the supernatural world.

To illicitly bypass the ARCANE'S GATE, a formidable barrier separating the mortal realm from the underworld, one must first summon and entreat Cerberus, the ancient and formidable gatekeeper of the underworld. This fearsome entity, with its three snarling heads and unyielding vigilance, stands as the sole arbiter of who shall pass into the realm of the dead.

To persuade Cerberus to grant passage, a terrible price must be paid: a taste of the blood of the one seeking to cross over. This dark and foreboding ritual requires the willing sacrifice of a few precious drops of life force, a potent offering to appease the gatekeeper's eternal hunger.

As the blood is presented, Cerberus's three heads will awaken, their eyes glowing with otherworldly energy as they sense the mortal's essence. The air will grow thick with anticipation, heavy with the weight of the underworld's secrets. At this moment, the supplicant must plead their case, convincing Cerberus that their passage is justified and that they are worthy of entry into the mysterious realm beyond the gate."

"Can I come with you now?" She inquired.
"Yes." I permitted. She happily followed. We went deep into the Druid's forest, she seemed to be scared.
"What's wrong? Are you scared?" I asked mockingly.
"Yeah, a lot." She said, gripping my hands, not to allow much distance between us.
"I've never been here before." She announced.
"Oh... I do come here most times." I said, making her feel she's still a kid.

When we finally got to the marked spot, I started the needful actions.
"Mianna, can I ask you a question?" She said with an alluring voice.
"Yes," I replied.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" I took a surprised look at her for that awkward question.
"Yes," I said, concentrating back on my activities.
"Who's he?" She asked further.
"Flow Krad," I replied.
"Oh really, that mediocre. Come on Mianna, how will an archion like you go for that kind of guy?" She complained. I replied with a smile.
"Why can't you go for Lukan, he's powerful, handsome and he's also a Lunar. After all, he wants you, and him marrying you will make the Lupinae heartbroken." She said, laughing a little.
"Will you also marry Xerix?" I asked, still concentrating on my work.
"No! Why will I marry that arrogant Valois? " She said with a serious tone.
"Yh that's the same reason why I can't marry Lukan," I concluded.
"But why the mediocre guy, oh... Because he's handsome?" She said mockingly.
"You have no idea what is going on," I said to her.
"But wait a minute, how did you get to know about Xerix and me?" She was curious.
"I could sense it." She was marveled.

Xerix is the crown prince of the Vampire denomination, he's just a picture of Lukan.

She asked a lot of questions. I was frustrated cos she was distracting my activities.
"Sssshhhhh!" I stopped her from asking any more questions. She kept quiet immediately.

"Why are you so eager to visit the Earthly realm?" I asked, after a moment of silence.
"I want to explore, I want to see the normal and weak creatures called humans. And I also want to be free on my own, I've spent all my life in this place." She explained.
After a brief moment of silence,
"Gimme your right hand." I requested, sliding a knife across her palm, she didn't make any painful reaction, it must have been normal to her. I took her blood and dripped it at the center of the portal.
"Did it work?" She asked curiously.
I kept quiet, waiting for a positive result.
"It worked," I said after a bright light illuminated the portal.
She was so happy, she hugged me, to show her gratitude.
"You know I helped you because you need help not because you threatened," I informed her.
"Oh really? What could you have done?" She asked.
"I've wiped a lot of people's memories," I replied. She was startled.
"Thanks." She said.

"Before jumping into the portal, there are rules you must follow," I said.
"What rules?" She asked.
"You must not kill any human.

You must not reveal yourself to any human, you must always remain invisible to them throughout your adventure.

And you must not stay too long there. Okay?" I instructed her.

"Yes, boss lady." She replied as she set to go through the portal.

"Wait! One more thing." I said with a louder voice.

"What again?" She was a bit frustrated.

"Never fall in love," I said, picking the words one after the other.
"Ohh... Mianna you're funny, that's never possible, how will I fall in love with the weak and powerless creatures calling themselves humans? That's never possible, forget that." She assured me.
"Any other things?" She inquired.
"No," I replied.

She joyfully jumped into the portal. I make it invisible, making the portal available for her to return home.