chapter 6

Trophy's steps were never less loud as he walked away from the frightened OJ, who shifted his attention from Trophy, to Paper, back to Trophy.

Trophy entered the elevator and went up to Cheesy's floor, tapping his clawed toes on the metallic flooring of the elevator as the familiar music played, ticking for each floor. Once it stopped, he got out and walked to Cheesy's room, pushing it open with one of his additional arms.

"Cheester." Trophy said roughly, though his voice lacked its usual malicious tone. Cheesy turned, and smiled at Trophy. "Took you long enough! It felt like a year with how long I had to wait." Cheesy joked, grabbing his strawberry shake.

"Felt like a year for me too. Odd- but whatever." Trophy shrugged, taking a sip of his own banana blast shake. "OJ invited me to join everyone for dinner."
"Heh, yeah. As if you'd-"
"I said I'd go"
Cheesy suddenly spat out his shake, coughing a bit before looking at Trophy with wide eyes. "WHAT!?" Cheesy yelled.

 "Dude, tone it down, its not that big of a-"
"LOOK AT YOU!?" Cheesy interrupted Trophy, gesturing to his distorted state.

"..Hm.. fair point." Trophy added, looking at his two additional pairs of arms and his sharp claws. Maybe going to dinner wasn't the best idea, but he had been too hungry to be bothered. "They'll get over it. And plus," Trophy placed his hands on his hips, the remaining pairs resting back. "People need to get used to it one way or another." Trophy finalized, earning a concerned look from Cheesy.

"Yeah, but.. it's still a bit.. jarring." Cheesy tried to put his words lightly, but telling by how Trophy crossed his arms, he read him like a book. "L-look, I'm all for dinner, I just think you might need to think this out a bit more before you end up doing something you regret." Cheesy attempted to reason, motioning his hands in circles before he pointed to Trophy.

"I know I look like a monster, but nothing will change if I don't try to do SOMETHING. I can't hide in your room forever, Cheesy.." Trophy patted Cheesy's shoulder, giving him a trusting look.

Cheesy stared into Trophy's eyes, looking for any doubt or fear, and after finding none, he let out a sigh. "Alright.. But if you end up scaring everyone to death, I plead the fifth." Cheesy joked, giving Trophy a genuine smile.

Trophy chuckled. "That's the spirit! If people see how you can trust me, they won't be scared of me-"
"are you saying I'm an easy kill?"
"Well I definitely ain't saying you're difficult."
Cheesy burst out laughing, Trophy snickering in response to his contagious laughter.

"Alright alright, this might just work." Cheesy waved his hand as he giggled. Trophy suddenly picked Cheesy up and placed him in his cup. "Woah! Free uber! Ain't this a.. GOLDEN opportunity!~" Cheesy chuckled at his own joke, earing a small, playful sigh from Trophy.
"Very funny, Cheesy twerp."
"I'm always funny!"
"Whatever helps you sleep at night."
The two bickered back and forth as they got in the elevator, and once they got to the bottom floor, Cheesy suddenly went quiet.

"Huh? What is-" Trophy stopped the second he saw the crowd outside of the elevator, soap at the front holding a bucket of water, OJ trying to pull her back. Great. The neat freak here to short circuit Trophy. What a fucking cun-

SPLASH