8: Extension of Power

Extension Of Power

"Sensei, I'm not saying that I'm doubting you, but what could you possibly teach us in a short span of who knows how long, that will make us strong enough to face Zabuza again?" Sakura questioned as the three genin followed Kakashi to the collection of trees just behind Tazuna's house.

"Hm, that sounds an awful like doubting me, Sakura." He shot a smile over his shoulder before stopping and turning to them. "Yes, we have no idea when Zabuza will strike again, but if I can teach you even one chakra control technique it will give you a much higher advantage than you had before, also your teamwork must be on point, and your individual skills."

Naru heaved a big sigh as Kakashi began explaining the dynamics of chakra and its control.

Naru groaned as she came to find herself staring at a ceiling with light shining in from two sides. "About time," she turned, finding Sasuke perched next to her, Sakura next to him.

"Sensei, Naru's awake," Sakura called the jounin who came in.

"You passed out from chakra over usage. It was a reckless move, but I'm proud of you; all of you." Naru sat up slowly and flexed her hands which were tingling.

"Where are we?"

"Tazuna led us to his house, uneventfully, thankfully. It's remote, and he said Gato doesn't seem to know where he lives, so we should be safe."

"Until he sends someone else." Sasuke butted in.

"What happened to Zabuza?" She questioned.

"A hunter ninja came and killed him, took the body, and disappeared."

"Took the body?" Naru looked at Kakashi who gave a grim nod. "So, a fake."

"What do you mean fake?" Sakura questioned.

"Hunter ninjas are tasked to hunt rogues, dispatch them, and report back, but they should do it there and then, the moment of death to avoid complications."

"In other words, Zabuza is most likely still alive and will be coming to finish the job," Kakashi stated.

"But the senbon-"

"Senbon can be used to puncture muscles, if done correctly it can cause the illusion of death."

"What do we do then? We barely beat him before, to beat him for sure this time..." Sakura whimpered.

"We practice and train, preparing ourselves for the next battle."

"Naru, are you listening?" She blinked twice at the jounin who stared her down. "I want you to demonstrate for them the use of chakra in specific parts of the body."

"Why me? You're the teacher." She grumbled.

"Because you're my star pupil." He drawled, giving what she could tell was a grin, she scoffed before walking to the tree he motioned to. "Climb the tree, no hands."

Naru closed her eyes, focusing her chakra towards the bottom of her feet, and slowly walked up the side of the tree. She continued until she followed a thick branch out and was upside down staring at her teammates who were in awe.

"Exactly, now you two use a kunai to mark the bark where you make it, don't stop until you make it to the top." Kakashi deposited a kunai in their hands. "Come down Naru." She released the hold and landed in a crouch in front of jounin.

"Clearly this exercise isn't made for me, so what am I supposed to do with my time?"

"Mostly guarding Tazuna. I know from Itachi that your barrier skills are top, rivaling a chunin. I want you to keep a close eye on him and around. Zabuza and his partner could return anytime without knowing when they would return. And given your distrust of everyone, you'll be the best to keep guard."