ships outside the group pt. 2

sana - twice :: during the survival series, sixteen, the two had grown very close, especially since minji was the youngest there. sana took a protective role over minji and was devastated when she was eliminated at #11. they still keep in contact and go out for lunch on occasion.

momo - twice :: prior to the survival show, when they were both trainees, minji would practice her japanese with momo. during their time on sixteen, the two grew close because they share a birthday and have the same mbti type. when minji was eliminated, momo had promised to stay in contact with the young girl, and she kept her promise.

yuqi - (g)-idle :: their personalities together is a very odd experience. yuqi is very outgoing and can bring that aspect right out of minji whenever they hang out. minji has said that when she practices her chinese with yuqi, she's never afraid of judgement. they are such a cute duo and fans love seeing them.

soyeon - (g)-idle :: they lowkey have a friendly competition when it comes to producing, since they are the two, fourth gen, female idols with the highest amount of komca credits. fans often compare them, putting them against each other, but they have no hard feelings and are actually good friends.

giselle - aespa :: minji met all of aespa through an award show, and they became all became friends. she grew specifically close to giselle because she thought she was really pretty and loved her rap style. they've expressed continuous support for each other throughout the years and are fairly close.

karina - aespa :: after meeting aespa, minji also grew very close to karina, and according to karina they regularly talk. there was one point where fans were convinced that they were dating due to the fact that they had matching necklaces, but they both put out statements clarifying that they were simply friendship necklaces.

yeji - itzy :: they trained together VERY briefly at jype, only for about 5 months. in those 5 months, the two girls got fairly close and stayed in contact when minji left. minji always speaks very highly on yeji's dance, while yeji praises her vocals and rap.

lia - itzy :: they met through yeji and instantly became friends. according to minji, she became friends with lia because she thought that she was really cute. sometimes minji 'babies' lia, but it's more of a cuteness aggression type of thing. they're so cute together 🤍

chungha - soloist :: the queen herself. minji has always loved chungha's music and was really excited when she got to meet her through hongjoong's collab. when they finally met, minji expressed her admiration for chungha, and they hit it off from there. although it is a more recent friendship, they're really close and are practically sisters.

yujin - ive :: although they've never formally met, they've been seen interacting with a hug at quite a few music shows. it was later revealed that they had known each other due to minji reaching out during ive's debut.

lily - nmixx :: aussie bros part 3!! when they first met, lily hadn't realized she was chan's sister, and she didn't find out until they were talking a couple weeks later, and minji brought up her brother. lily was confused to say the least..

🤍

🤍

🤍