Episode 2

"Loyalty is what makes us trust, trust is what makes us stay, staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope

"Loyalty is what makes us trust, trust is what makes us stay, staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope." - Glenn van Dekken

Jimin sat on the cold, tiled floor of her house, her figure slouched as she weeped on the floor. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her hands clenched tightly into fists. The world around her seemed to blur as she replayed the events of the evening in her mind. "Maybe I'm the problem", she muttered.

Just as she felt the crushing weight of despair settle in, her phone vibrated against the counter beside her. She glanced at the screen, hesitating for a moment before answering. "Hello?" Her voice trembled, barely audible over her own sobs.

"Jimin," a familiar voice spoke on the other end. It was Woojin, Geonwoo's best friend and someone she trusted deeply. His tone was urgent, cutting through her sorrow like a knife. "It's Geonwoo. He's been hurt."

The words hit Jimin like a thunderbolt. Her heart skipped a beat as fear gripped her. "What happened? Where is he?" Her mind raced with a thousand questions, each more frantic than the last.

"He's at the hospital," Woojin replied quickly. "It's serious, Jimin. You need to come right away."

Without another word, Jimin sprang to her feet, her tears momentarily forgotten as adrenaline flooded her veins. She grabbed her keys and rushed out of the house, the phone still pressed tightly to her ear. As she raced down the stairs and into her bike, she could feel her pulse pounding in her ears.

The drive to the hospital was a blur of red lights and anxious thoughts. Her mind raced with worry for Geonwoo, praying silently that he would be okay. She couldn't bear the thought of something happening to him, not after everything they had been through together.

When she finally arrived at the hospital, Woojin was waiting for her outside the emergency room doors. His expression was grave as he approached her, confirming her worst fears without saying a word. Together, they walked inside, where doctors and nurses moved with purpose around them. They were forced to wear their masks, as they waited.

Woojin sat silently beside her, offering support as she struggled to comprehend what had happened. The details were still unclear, but one thing was certain—Geonwoo needed her now more than ever.

The fluorescent lights hummed softly above Woojin and Jimin, casting a sterile glow over the hospital waiting room. Woojin sat beside Jimin, her hands tightly clutching Jimin's trembling ones. Jimin's eyes were red and swollen from crying, her shoulders shaking with each quiet sob that escaped her.

Woojin held Jimin close, wrapping her arms around her in a comforting embrace. "It's going to be okay, Jimin," Woojin whispered, her voice a soothing murmur against Jimin's ear. "Geonwoo is strong. He's going to be fine."

Jimin buried her face in Woojin's shoulder, her tears dampening Woojin's shirt. "I'm so scared, Woojin," Jimin choked out, her voice thick with emotion. "What if something happens to him?"