Chapter - 50

I'm trapped between duty and desires, unsure of which path to choose

~Anaya Singh Rathore

I quickly walked out of the room. What's wrong with him? This isn't like him, and why am I not reacting the way I should? His gaze, his touch, everything just controls my every movement. It feels like he hypnotizes me.

My body always reacts to him. I want to push him away and yell at him, but I always do the opposite. Is it lust?

Fuck my hormones...

I leaned against the wall, trying to steady my breath and gather my thoughts. The confusion and frustration gnawed at me. Every time I thought I had some control, he effortlessly shattered it with a look or a touch. I needed to figure out what was happening to me, why my body seemed to betray my mind every single time.

And now, ruhaan gosh I am not able to take out that pictures of his in my mind the way he look so miserable.

I have to stay away from Avyaan and focus on my mission, but still, everything replayed in my mind, making it hard to concentrate and weakening my resolve.

When I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder, I quickly regained my composure and turned around. My mother-in-law approached me, her face etched with concern. "Beta, are you all right?" she asked softly, her voice laced with empathy.

I forced a smile, attempting to reassure her. "Yes, Mom, I'm perfectly fine. Just a bit overwhelmed with work," I replied, trying to sound convincing.

She searched my eyes for reassurance, her worry evident. "You seem distracted lately," she pressed on. I hesitated, unable to reveal the truth. "It's nothing, mom. Really."

She sighed, unconvinced but willing to drop the matter. "Alright, beta. How about we go shopping now? Sometimes, a little retail therapy can work wonders." Her suggestion caught me off guard, but I welcomed the distraction.