Chapter 6

He wasn't kidding. Shortly after the mess he made in my head as if to frighten me on purpose, I felt his presence. I turn to face him when I catch a look at a red lightsaber, humming in his hand.

I knew it, he was gonna try to kill me. That's why he was doing all this, playing with my head, feeding the fear in me..
All that so he can have the pleasure to slay me like a stray hound.

I raise my brows and slightly open my mouth as I acknowledge his presence this close at daylight. Not hiding in the shadows.
He is towering over me and all I hear is his muffled breathing from the helmet.

"Are you having fun?" I ask in despise.
He tilts his head slightly to one side. Then I turn on my lightsaber and he takes a step back as he was not expecting that. Now it's my time to have fun.

"You have a Jedi weapon." he states, but it sounds more like a question as if he needs an answer to convince himself of the truth.

He then held his chin up and said with a cocky tone:
"So do I, but I have my own principles."

"I am no Jedi." I quickly add with a cold voice as I press my lips together.

"By how is it your possession then?"

I try to find something human in him through the holes in his helmet.

"You are not my master. I don't have to explain myself to you." I hissed loudly with a roar, ready to fight as my body burned with anticipation.

"I sense some conflict in you." he purred to my face.
"Are you sure you don't want to be on my side?"

With that, I decide to strike the first punch but he blocks with lightning speed. He doesn't fight the way the Jedi were taught to, and neither do I.
I swing here and there, but he dodges and doesn't even push back.

We go round and round, so far only I have attacked but this time I feel he will.
I was right.
He is wild and untamed while he fights, really fast for someone who can't see anything.
He sends me back a few steps, I parry his attack. His red saber was against mine, humming loudly.

As I push him away he cuts me on my shoulder. I yelp as my eyes water but I recover quickly.
If he kills me now, then my life has been worthless.

He backed away and is now observing me, his head tilts. As if him hurting me was an unintended mistake he didn't want to happen. He then slightly approached, like to show his concern.

In a catch of breath, I attack again.
This time I'll leave a cut. With all my anger, i aim at his helmet, but to my surprise, there is no harm.

"Cortosis." he says as I stare dumbfounded.
"It's a metal resistant against lightsabers."

"Of course." I mumbled under my breath.

"Y/N." he started as he said my name as a prayer.
"You fight very well."
I didn't need his approval to know that.

"Go with Mae and Qimir on their mission to Olega. Learn from Mae..or perhaps she can learn a thing or two from you." he ordered.

"What if I don't want to?" I said with a sneer.

"Is that so?" he started to slowly walk towards me.
"Do you really want to continue your lonely life here on this small and isolated planet?"

He is provoking me.

"It's a shame to miss such an opportunity with your..potential."
He purrs as he gently brushes my cheek with his thumb.
My eyebrows drew together.
I squint my eyes looking up at the helmet, as my fists clenched hard, turning my knuckles white.

He is manipulating me.

I take my words back about what I said to Qimir, that they trust him blindly.

I'm now realizing it. He is really good.
He knows how to get under your skin.
He knows what he is doing and how to take what he wants, very well.

And he is right. I don't want to live here alone anymore. But I'm also so scared of a new beginning..especially with people like them.

One is a fool who behaves differently with me every day. The other is a killer who hates my guts.
And for the great finale, he. The man standing in front of me, that no one knows anything about.