Chapter 3

Little after we started walking for the hut, the man spoke with his calm voice.
"We..sort of a got lost," he started to explain.
"Our spaceship is disfunctioning and we landed here in a hurry."

I knew they were gonna lie to me, but I'll pretend that I bought it. The only thing I know so far is that they are here to prepare for some mission to Olega. I'm curious to find out more.

"When you came to us, we were looking for a shelter or someplace suitable to make one ourselves for a couple of days," he continues.

"I don't mind guests..you seem fun and she has a temper, it's going to be an interesting couple of days, I see."

"Don't you shut up?" Mae says with an irritated tone.

"I haven't had a casual conversation with somebody in a long time if it's not to sell or buy something at the market, I mean."

"The only thing I hear is that you are so good at being silent yet you choose to not be." she continues with a complaint.
"Great, now there are two of you."
She adds scoffing as she looks at Qimir for the last part.

"Are you always like this? Grumpy and serious." I ask Mae.

"Are you always saying what's on your mind right away?" she responds quickly with irritation.

"Mae, she is letting us sleep in her house. Don't be rude." the man spoke quietly through his teeth to her.
"Please" he adds with a pleading tone looking at her.

"Oh, that's right!" I gasped with joy as I forgot to ask them earlier about the question that's been eating me for some time now.
"I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Y/N. I guess yours is Mae" I say as I point to her.
"And what is yours?" I turn to him.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he says and my ears twitch a little, ready to finally know his name.
"My name is Qimir" he adds as he offers his hand for a handshake.

Hesitant, I reached out my hand to shake his and when they touched I felt shivers in my body as if lightning struck nearby. I look into his eyes, trying to read what's on his mind, but as I do I get lost in them. As if little sparkles are gathered in his brown eyes. His hand is rough and firm. Yet again I don't know why my attention is drawn to him.
I put aside my thoughts and smile.
We continued walking, the sun was almost set and then I saw my hut on the horizon.

We finally arrived and I welcomed them in, then asked:
"There is a soup I can heat up for dinner if you'd like? I made it this morning."

Qimir was quick with an answer.
"Oh, yes, please. We are so hungry from all the traveling and exploring all day."
"And I love soup." he added with a small smile at me.

"You may put your baggage there." I say as I point to the bed that has never been used, prepared for my uncle, with the hope that one day he may find me.
"One of you will sleep on that bed..and the other one must sleep on the floor." Then I take a quick pause to explain.
"I have enough blankets to keep you from freezing, don't worry. In the winter season here gets cold so I've stocked up." I add with a smile.

"I'll go prepare the dinner, when I'm ready I'll serve it at the table." I say as I go to the kitchen area at the end of the room.