𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄. Damien Donnelly still had that wicked grin on his face as he scanned her up and down. In her defence, Aurelia tried really hard to not show fear, but it was hard when she knew exactly what the man in front of her was capable of. 

"You look nervous," he pointed out, gesturing to the mace she was clutching tightly in her hands. She didn't care if this was Donnelly's dad or not, she didn't trust him as far as she could throw him. "Why's that, Aurelia?" He mused, cocking his head to the side. Aurelia subtly sized him up, looking for any sign of bulkiness in his suit. She needed to know if he had a gun or not, or if he'd come here to kill her for digging around where she shouldn't have been. 

"Thought you were someone else, Mr. Donnelly," Aurelia replied as calmly as she could. She had no idea if Damien even knew that Aurelia knew something. He could have come here for a different reason entirely. She couldn't jump the gun, not when the man in front of her was so incredibly deadly. "Is there a reason why you came here tonight?"

"My son told me you two broke up," he stated with a small smile on his face. Aurelia knew that he wasn't even trying to hide his amusement. Donnelly had said that his father never liked the two of them hanging out in the first place. He'd finally gotten his way, it seemed. "I was sorry to hear it, but you have to know that it was for the better. My son is bound for Dartmouth, you know. He didn't need to be having any... distractions," he said with a pointed look in her direction. "Though I'm sure you understand, being such an intelligent girl yourself."

"Of course," Lia mumbled, nodding her head slightly. Surely he hadn't come here just to talk about their breakup, or her intelligence. The walls were still up high, and she wasn't letting them down until she found out exactly why he came here. Her mother was due home within the hour, so if he tried something, her mother would be the one to find her whenever she got home. "But surely that's not all you came here to discuss?"

"Smart girl," he praised, and the compliment didn't do anything except make her sick to her stomach. "I came here to ask a favour." Aurelia didn't like the sound of that. Damien Donnelly was a wolf in sheep's clothing. She could tell by the way he was dressed, to the way he carried himself. His suit was no doubt expensive and tailored to him, so that he looked wealthy and put together to any onlookers. The watch on his wrist probably cost more than her private school tuition, but to a guy like him, a watch is a big deal. A watch is one of the first things you notice about a person. It happens to be one of the first things you see when you reach out to shake a person's hand. A watch will tell someone all they need to know about you. 

"You need a favour from me?" Aurelia asked, slightly on edge. Whatever he had come here to ask of her couldn't have been good. He nodded once, and then shoved his hands into his pockets, which caused Aurelia to flinch until she realized he wasn't reaching for something. He didn't miss the subtle flinch, and he smirked when he clocked it. He liked knowing that Aurelia feared him. That she was scared of him. He gave no indication as to whether or not he knew that Nicolas had told her everything there was to know about him. He could act all charming and polite to her face, but she always would know that deep down, he was a monster and a coward. 

"I'm asking you to stay away from my son," he told her, a stern expression on his face. "Surely that's a simple enough request."

Aurelia could not understand where he got the audacity to show up to her house and patronize her. She clenched her hands into fists and tried her hardest to keep her expression neutral, but she really hated Donnelly's dad. More than she hated anyone else in the world. 

"Why?" Aurelia asked quietly. "You already know that we broke up. Him and I haven't spoken since then." Aurelia didn't mention the fact that in the time since they broke up, Donnelly hadn't been coming to school with a limp or fresh bruises on his face or his arms. Clearly his father was pleased that she was out of the picture, and decided to be nice to his son for a change.