Pitter Patter

Pitter.

Patter.

Pitter.

Patter.

"Where am I?" Meiko spoke aloud, hearing her voice echo along the stone cold walls that surrounded her tiny body.

Pitter.

Patter.

Pitter.

Patter.

Meiko pushed herself up the ground, glancing around the tan walls that surrounded her. Her head tilted slightly to the side as she walked over to the wall, and placed her hand gently against it. What was this place? Meiko's fingers gently ran along the stone like texture of the wall. Her foot steps echoed along the long hallways, no matter how quietly she walked.

"Hello?" She called out, but there was no reply. She came to a four way turn, and she glanced down all of the hallways before she turned down the only one that had a light lighting it up so she could see where she was walking.

Pitter.

Patter.

Pitter.

Patter.

A piece of Meiko's brown bangs fell in between her eyes as she glanced around the hallways. "Is anybody there?" She called out, but this time a menacing laugh trailed out after her own voice trailed through the hallway. Meiko's body visibly tensed up as she heard the laugh.

'No..' Meiko thought to herself as the laugh continued to echo up and down the hallway, mixed with the dropping of the water.

Pitter.

Patter.

Pitter.

Patter.

A door formed on the wall near where Meiko was standing, and she hesitantly reached out to the door, her fingers twirling around the knob slightly before she opened it, pushing it open slightly.

"Hello?" Meiko asked, and the door slammed all the way open, causing Meiko to jump. "Jesus fuck.." She muttered as she walked into the room, her feet scuffling along the ground very slightly, but it caused a scraping noise.

"Is anybody in here?" She called out, her voice echoing a little more along the room considering it was smaller than the hallway she was in previously. In an instant, the lights flashed on in the room, and standing in front of Meiko were Izumo and Kotetsu, but there was something different about them. They held disturbing smiles, and their eyes were solid black, but Meiko didn't seem to notice this, not at first at least.

"Oh guys! I'm glad I found you, I'm not really sure where I am." She said with a nervous laugh, placing her hand on the back of her head and scratching it slightly. She waited for a few seconds for them to reply before she looked them over, and noticed their devilish black eyes. Her eyes widened and she slowly began to back out of the room, but Izumo and Kotetsu moved in closer to her, their smiles growing.

"Where are you going, Meiko?" Izumo said, his voice hateful and dark, but the smile on his lips grew larger as they moved in towards her. Meiko continued to back up, closer to the door way. Her breathing was shaky, and her eyes were wide as she stared at her best friend.

"Why are you running away from your best friends?" Kotetsu asked, and Meiko shook her head slightly, her breathing picking up in pace. "You're so worthless." Kotetsu said, and Meiko shook her head more.