Chapter 10. A Little Chit Chat

We make it to the academy. The feeling of Five's hand brushing on mine still lingers. It felt like a rush of adrenaline through my veins. It sparked something in me.

"Let's go." Five says as he opens the door. And surprisingly he opens the door for me.

"Thanks, you're such a gentleman, Five. Bravo." I tease. We were both 30 year old assholes. Five smirks at the teasing.

We walk into the academy. Five turns to me.

"I know we just had ice cream, but do you want a sandwich?"

"Sure."

Five nods at my answer and we walk to the kitchen. He starts teleporting everywhere, to the fridge, to the shelf, everywhere. He grabs 5 items.

1. A cutting board.
2. A butter knife.
3. Peanut butter.
4. Bread
And 5. Wait... Marshmellows?

"Why marshmellows?" I ask.

"You'll see." Five grins.

He then starts to efficiently make the sandwich. Lays out 4 pieces of bread. He then start to spread peanut butter on one of the pieces for each of us. Then he starts to get the marshmellows on the other.

"Tada. My favorite sandwich. The Fluffernutter." Five exclaims proudly as he gives me one. He bites into his. I then bite into mine.

Oh my god.

It's delicious.

"How in the world is peanutbutter and marshmellow sandwiches so good?!" I say as I bite into mine again.

"It's just magic." Fuev shrugs as he adjusts his tie. He takes off his blazer and takes another bite of his sandwich. We then see Diego walk in. He didn't seem as hostile as before.

"Hey Five, and.... Yn, was it?" Diego greets. "Five, can I talk to you?"

Five rolls his eyes but sighs. "I'll be right back."

Five follows Diego into another room..

I sit there eating my delicious Fluffernutter.

_________________♡♡♡_________________

Five's POV

"What do you want, Diego." I ask firmly.

Diego sits down. "You okay man? You seem to be really spending a lot of time with this girl. And you met her, what, a few days ago?"

"What the hell do you mean Diego? Why did you care if I want to keep her saf-" I pause.

Diego grins. "You want to keep her safe? Why, because you saved her from being beaten up? I feel like it isn't just because you're being the 'nice' man that you are, Five. Something is coming on."

"Diego, stop. It's none of your business." I say, clearly annoyed. Then Diego says something.

"Do you like her? Do you love her?"

I pause. Do I love Yn? I mean, otherwise its hormones, but I just have that feeling.. Like how I felt for Delores. Back in the apocalypse. When I'm with Yn, I don't feel like I need to be that stressed out snarky smartass. I could be soft, gentle, vulnerable.

Diego sees the pause. He smirks. "You love her, don't you."

"Well, she is the same age as me mentally... And physically now.. So.. " I manage to say.

"Ah, so you too are perfect."

"Diego, shut up."

"Five Hargreeves, the assassin, manages to actually feel love."

"Shut up, Diego."

"You know, Viktor even told me you came to his place with Yn. You two were bloody as fuck. So you two have been spending time together. And I've never seem my wonderfuk brother to be like that."

"Diego... "

"Just admit it. You love Yn."

"No, Diego... "

"What's stopping you. What's really stopping Number Five so much that he can't confess his lo-"

"I don't know if she loves me back!" I exclaim. But not loud enough for Yn to hear in the other room.

"Oh, I bet she loves you back, Five. I mean look at you. And look at her. Perfext match. Better than you being with that mannequi-"

"Delores." I say.

"Five, just tell her. Like come on, you're wasting time."

"Why should I take your advice, Diego? I heard you liked Detective Patch. But she doesn't seem to like you back."

Diego scoffs. "This ain't about me. It's about you."

"Why the hell does it need to be about me, Diego?!" I say. I was annoyed. "Why the hell did you care? When did you ever care."

Diego sighs. "Five, just tell her. It's your only shot. And maybe you'll have better luck than I did with Patch."

Diego stands up and then walks upstairs. I just sit there, frozen.

Should I tell her?

Maybe I should.

But what if-

No, Five. You're smart. You can do this.

I get up and I walk back to the kitchen. I see Yn.

"You okay? What did your brother want?" Yn asks me.

"It was just... Family stuff." I say, lying. I just hoped that you were at least not smart enough to completely notice the lie.

Luckily Yn didn't question it.

"Well, Five, I think your favorite sandwich is now mine." Yn smiles.

That smile.

That smile will be the death of me.

Words: 829

(So Diego is convincing Five to just confess his love for Yn. Let's see if Five can do it. Or does Yn do it first....)