Chapter 6: 50-80

Magic Arrows

A few days later I decided to search for that archer I was told about. I asked around the guards first, and gained no knowledge. I asked around the adventurers guild, and found nothing. I even asked around the brothel and tavern, and found nothing.

I had given up until I was on my way back to the inn. I saw someone training with a bow. He was very focused and his arrows glowed. Was it magic? I decided to walk up to him. I waited for him to fire the arrow, but he put his bow down when he saw me. "Can I help you?"

"That was magic wasn't it?"

He sighs. "Yes it was. Let me guess, you want me to teach you how. Do you have skills with both a bow and magic?"

"I do. Technically I am a druid. I picked up the bow as a pass time."

"Oh? You're the first person who already knows both. I'll teach you how. Be here tomorrow morning."

"Thank you." I walk back to the inn. When I get there, Freya hasn't gotten back yet. Best get some sleep before she returns.

The cake

Three years later

The training had ended. My birthday has rolled around again. I am planning to go out and practice when Freya stops me.

"Yuki, it's your birthday. Lets get you a cake."

"Don't call me that."

"But it sounds so cuuuuute."

"Either you stop calling me that or no cake."

"Meanie..."

"Which is it?"

"I want the cake..." She mumbles.

We go to a sweets shop and pay for a cake. Seems we are running low on funds. We'll have to go back home soon.

Return of Freya's question

A few days later decided to go back to the feywilds before winter. Me and Freya packed up everything we had and left the village we were in. We made our way to the entrance to the feywilds once again.

When we got back we split up to visit our families. I learn that my mother isn't doing to well... I better stay here for the time being.

Time skip.

It has been 22 years since I came back to the feywilds. I feel like I'm going insane being here. I am now living in the house both my parents died in. Turns out my mother only lived for twenty more years after I returned...

I'm helping out at the pharmacy in my spare time which is almost all my time. I guess it's my job again.

One day, Freya enters the pharmacy. "Hey, Yukiro... Can we talk?"

"Well... I'm working currently-"

My boss cuts me off. "Go talk to her. You can always come back after. Not like you have anything to do." He laughs.

I sigh. "Fine. Lets grab lunch then. On me."

Me and Freya go get lunch at a cafe I love.

"So, uh... Yukiro... I know you have a lot going on, but would you... be interested in being a couple?"

"Huh? This again?" I sigh, then think about it for a moment. "I guess I could give it a try..."

Throughout the next 5 years, we go out on quite a few dates. At some point I even start to ask for some. Freya still mostly starts the planning for them though.

Leaving again.

I finally decide I want to leave the feywilds again. I decide to tell Freya when I meet up with her tonight. Until then, I practice my archery. I thought of a name for putting the magic in my arrows. Eldritch Archery.

Quite a few hours later, Freya seems to come check on me. "Oh... seems you got carried away."

"What do you mean?"

"You missed the meet up time by... about an hour or so."

"What? No I didn't!" I look up and see that the sky has gone dark. "Oh... I did..."

"Scatter brain"

"Oh, I was gonna tell you something when we met up. I want to leave the feywilds."

"Huh?"

"I also plan on staying in the common realm this time."

"STAY?!"

"Yeah... I have a lot of bad memories here."

"Oh..."

"You going to come with? I was expecting you to ask." I laugh out of awkwardness.

"Of course! You didn't even have to ask."