Chapter Nine - Disbelief

N blinked himself awake after his reboot. The sun had risen, but he wasn't placed in oil covered snow. His surroundings were completely new to him, a black room with purple flames outlining the walls. He sat himself up, trying to get a better understanding as of why he wasn't in the pod. His coat was completely off, hanging next to the bed. Before he could reach it, he realized something  was placed on top of his right hand. He slowly looked over, not expecting who he saw.

Her purple hair seemed to glow in the sun, sleeping ever so peacefully. Her head was on top of his right hand, and one of her hands was placed holding the arm that was supporting her head. N blushed in shock  but that quickly faded when he realized how injured she was. He tried to sit himself up more to look at the injuries on her sides, but was met with slight pain himself. Several stab wounds covered him, but he was bandaged.

Uzis wounds are still open.. Why hadn't she cared for herself?

Worried about her, he lifted up her hoodie a bit to at least see how bad the injuries on her sides were. Judging by the large oil stains on her hoodie she slept in, he took note she may not be in the best shape to move at all. He barely touched her, yet she winced in her sleep and placed herself more on top of him. His eyes widened thinking she'd kill him for this. N would rather he be lectured by Uzi rather than her father catching them like this though, but luckily he was too worried about his doors to come into Uzis room.

N was horribly worried about Uzi, but was utterly tired as well. He needed rest, as did Uzi. He tried his best not to disturb her, moving himself from his sitting position back into laying down. With Uzi still on top of him, he fell back asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hours went by, and Uzi was still a bit woozy, The moonloght glaring through her window. She felt light headed from the amount of oil she lost, some in battle and some she transferred to N to better his physical state. She had almost forgotten, until she was met with pain trying to push herself up from her laying position on her stomach. She let out a cry of pain, waking up the one who was worried about her enough.

"Hey hey hey! Don't move too much. " N was quick to act, supporting her shoulders while still laying down. Thanks to Uzis oil transfer ( which he was unaware of ) , his strength was quickly returning. Uzi was sitting on top of him, miserable, but brightened when she met N's eye. "Wh.. What.. " N already knew she was wondering about her sitting on top of him, finishing her sentence.

" I'm sorry!! do you want off of me?.. " N was willing to do anything better for Uzi, despite any state. Uzi, not yet regaining her attitude, simply just layed back down on him, being quick to fall asleep. He figured he should let her sleep for some time.

After sleeping for the previous day, N was able to move. With Khan gone for work, he made it his top priority to find bandages for Uzi. He stumbled every now and then, but he carefully explored Uzis home. Admiring the place being better than the pod, he found what he was searching for.

N sat on the bed, right next to her. Careful to the touch, he raised her hoodie a bit again, treating her injuries. He had wondered why he had recovered so much faster than he had.