Chapter Fifteen - Aftershock

! Hi! Sorry for not updating , I had to help out all week somewhere 😵‍💫 this chapter is kind of like intermission, but stay tuned. It's about to be serious!

N kept his promise about not leaving Uzis side that night, as he fell asleep anxious. He didn't get much sleep that night. He woke up for the third time, looking at Uzi. She squirmed a lot when she was dreaming. She didn't look happy, though.

Suddenly, her breathing was so slow to the point it almost stopped. Her visor read ' I UNCONSCIOUS OVERRIDE I '. N sat up in a panic, attempting to wake up Uzi.

Oil and bloodshed covered the floor. There was no buildings, or trees. It was just - empty. A red, gory abyss. Uzi, terrified, spun around, looking for something. Someone.

Her breathing became heavy, as she was in a panic. Suddenly, around 100 feet away from her, that 'something' she searched for appeared. She looked to be a child, a bit shorter than Uzi. White hair, a formal dress, she would have come off as sweet if it weren't for her odd stance.

Uzi, calming down a little, stepped forward as the wind blew through her amethyst colored hair. She tried to get a better look at her, but the second she moved closer to her, the drones visor turned on. The child looked at her, with eyes of possession and death. A crooked smile formed, and her head snapped. Uzi, gasping, stepped backwards.

The drone disappeared, causing Uzi to look around in a panic once again. To her right, there was a sound of a footstep, but no figure to put a face to it. This time, the sound came from behind her. The second she turned around, it was silent. Only the sound of her breathing could be heard.

The child, made an appearance again, and lunged for Uzi. Fangs coated in oil and blood, with a horrid smile to match. Right before Uzi hit the ground, her surroundings changed.

N called for Uzi over ten times, hoping to get her out of this state. Finally, she gasped for air and sat up quickly. Her hair was messy, and she couldn't figure out where she was. N reassured her by saying hey multiple times, and pulling her into a hug.

She didn't hug him back, as she was still in fear. It's almost like she wasn't fully aware, like she saw something she wasn't supposed to. N brushing through her hair calmed Uzi down, her breathing slowing.

Uzi placed her head on his chest, and closed her eyes. After a few seconds of silence, N stepped in. " Uzi. What happened? "

She wasn't sure how to even explain the vision. The twisted horrors that were soon to happen. " blood and death- everywhere. " the fear in her voice surprised N. He knew of drones malfunctioning after the first stage of the mutation, but not getting visions. He guessed it worked the same way he got flashbacks when the absolute solver decided to do so, or was taken advantage of.

The two fell asleep once more, as usual N woke up much before Uzi. She was a night owl, as a girl her style would be. N gently attempted to wake her up, quietly saying her name. Uzi, still holding on to him tightly, slowly woke up as the " sleep mode " on her visor disappeared. She groaned a bit at the thought of getting up, but sat up to face N.  Her eyes were drowsy and her hair was messy, causing N to laugh a bit.

N's injuries hurt him last night, and he wasn't sure if Uzi noticed. N sat on the side edge of the bed, looking at Uzi. His mouth curled into a small smile, and cupped her face.

Uzi got out of bed, retrieving bandages for N. She looked in her mirror, sighing. She attempted to fix her hair a bit, but the mirror shattered. She gasped, and the absolute solver appeared on her visor for a second. Her expression fixed itself to be annoyed, and N called from her room asking if she was okay.

" bite me! " she replied her spunk returning to her personality. She came back into her room, N still sitting on the bed. She stood in front of him, readying the bandage. As N would do, he told her he was okay. She knew he wasn't, and kept treating the injuries.