Chapter 9: Shadows of Doubt

The next morning, Leviathan, Suguri, and Mitsugi awoke in the beach house, feeling refreshed and deeply connected after their day at the hot spring. The peaceful atmosphere of their getaway had brought them closer than ever. As they gathered for breakfast, the sun shining brightly through the large windows, they made plans for another day of exploration and relaxation.

They decided to visit a nearby forest known for its scenic trails and beautiful waterfalls. The hike started off wonderfully, the trio chatting and laughing as they walked through the lush greenery. Birds sang overhead, and the sound of the distant waterfall added to the serene ambiance.

As they ventured deeper into the forest, they came across a clearing with a breathtaking view of the waterfall cascading down the rocks. They sat down to rest and take in the beauty of the scene, enjoying the tranquility.

However, as they relaxed, an unexpected tension began to surface. Mitsugi, usually the playful one, seemed unusually quiet. Suguri noticed and gently nudged him. "Hey, is everything okay?"

Mitsugi forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

Leviathan, ever perceptive, raised an eyebrow. "Something on your mind, Mitsugi?"

Mitsugi hesitated, then sighed. "I guess I've been feeling a bit insecure. I mean, look at you two. Leviathan, you're so strong and confident, and Suguri, you're so kind and understanding. Sometimes, I feel like I'm not enough for this relationship."

Suguri's eyes widened with concern. "Mitsugi, that's not true at all. You're an essential part of this. We love you just as much as you love us."

Leviathan nodded in agreement. "She's right. We wouldn't be the same without you."

Mitsugi looked away, his expression troubled. "I know you both say that, but sometimes, I can't help but feel like a third wheel. Like maybe I'm not contributing enough."

The tension in the air was palpable, and Suguri felt a pang of worry. "Mitsugi, we need to talk about these feelings. It's important that we're honest with each other."

Leviathan reached out and placed a hand on Mitsugi's shoulder. "Let's sit down and talk. We need to address this before it festers."

They found a quiet spot near the waterfall, the sound of rushing water providing a soothing backdrop. Suguri took Mitsugi's hand, her eyes filled with compassion. "Mitsugi, you bring so much joy and light to our relationship. Your energy and playfulness are what make us complete."

Leviathan nodded, his voice steady. "And your kindness and support have been invaluable. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but together, we balance each other out."

Mitsugi listened, his eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "I just... I don't want to hold you both back. I want to be worthy of your