Chapter 10: Shadows and Secrets

The sun rose on another beautiful day at the beach house, but an undercurrent of unease lingered from the previous day's conversation. Leviathan, Suguri, and Mitsugi had grown closer, but their relationship was about to be tested in ways they could never have imagined.

Leviathan received a message that morning from an old acquaintance, Professor Aqua Cordelia Caspian. He was a renowned Chemistry Professor and Scientist, with a deep expertise in Biology and Astrology. He also had a dark side, moonlighting as a bodyguard for a high mafia boss. Known for his sadistic and possessive nature, Aqua had always harbored feelings for Leviathan. His message was brief but intriguing: he was in town and wanted to catch up.

Leviathan read the message and frowned. He had met Aqua during his time at university, and while they had shared a mutual respect for each other's intellect, Aqua's possessive tendencies had always made him uneasy. Still, he decided it would be best to meet him and see what he wanted.

Suguri and Mitsugi noticed Leviathan's distracted demeanor during breakfast. Suguri placed a hand on his arm. "Is everything okay, Leviathan?"

Leviathan hesitated before responding. "I received a message from an old acquaintance, Professor Aqua Cordelia Caspian. He wants to meet up."

Mitsugi raised an eyebrow. "Aqua? Isn't he the one you mentioned before? The one who was a bit... intense?"

Leviathan nodded. "Yes, that's him. I think it's best if I meet him alone, just to see what he wants."

Suguri and Mitsugi exchanged concerned glances but nodded in agreement. "Be careful," Suguri said softly.

Leviathan left the beach house and made his way to a nearby cafe where he was to meet Aqua. The cafe was quaint and quiet, a stark contrast to the tension Leviathan felt. He spotted Aqua sitting at a corner table, his piercing eyes scanning the room. He stood out with his sharp features and confident demeanor.

"Leviathan," Aqua greeted with a sly smile as he approached. "It's been too long."

"Aqua," Leviathan replied, taking a seat. "What brings you here?"

Aqua's smile widened. "I heard you were in town and couldn't resist the opportunity to see you. I've missed our conversations."

Leviathan remained guarded. "It's good to see you, too. What have you been up to?"

Aqua leaned in, his eyes glinting. "Oh, you know, the usual. Research, teaching, a bit of... extracurricular activities. But let's talk about you. How have you been?"

Leviathan recounted his recent activities, carefully avoiding details about Suguri and Mitsugi. Aqua listened intently, his gaze never leaving Leviathan's face. After a while, he leaned back and sighed.

"Leviathan, there's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time," he said, his voice dropping to a more serious tone. "I've always had feelings for you. Deep, intense feelings."

Leviathan stiffened. "Aqua, I..."

He cut him off, his eyes flashing with possessiveness. "No, let me finish. I know you're with someone else now, but I can't stand the thought of you being with anyone but me. I want you, Leviathan. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make you mine."

Leviathan's heart pounded. "Aqua, I care about you as a friend, but I love Suguri and Mitsugi. They're my partners, and I won't betray them."

Aqua's expression darkened. "You think they can give you what I can? I can protect you, provide for you, make you feel things they've never even dreamed of. You belong with me, Leviathan."

Leviathan stood up, his resolve unwavering. "No, Aqua. My heart belongs to Suguri and Mitsugi. You need to accept that."

Aqua's eyes blazed with anger and sadness. "You'll regret this, Leviathan. I promise you that."

Leviathan turned and walked away, his heart heavy. As he made his way back to the beach house, he couldn't shake the feeling that this was far from over.

Back at the beach house, Suguri and Mitsugi were waiting anxiously. When Leviathan walked in, they immediately sensed his turmoil.

"What happened?" Mitsugi asked, his voice filled with concern.

Leviathan recounted his meeting with Aqua, sparing no detail. Suguri's eyes widened with worry. "Do you think he'll try to cause trouble?"

Leviathan nodded. "I'm afraid so. He's not the type to give up easily."

Mitsugi put a comforting hand on Leviathan's shoulder. "We'll face it together, whatever comes our way."

Suguri nodded in agreement. "We're stronger together, remember? No matter what, we'll protect our bond."

As they embraced, the shadows of doubt loomed over them. Aqua's possessive nature and his connections to the criminal underworld posed a real threat. But their love and commitment to each other were unwavering. They would face whatever challenges lay ahead, united in their determination to protect their love.

That evening, as they sat together on the porch, their conversation was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. Leviathan's heart sank as he opened it to find Aqua standing there, flanked by two intimidating men.

"Aqua, what are you doing here?" Leviathan demanded.

Aqua's smile was cold. "I told you, Leviathan. I don't give up easily. I came to make you see reason."

Suguri and Mitsugi joined Leviathan at the door, their expressions resolute. "We won't be intimidated, Aqua," Suguri said firmly.

Aqua's eyes narrowed. "Then you're fools. I always get what I want, and I want Leviathan."

The tension was palpable as Aqua's men stepped forward, but Leviathan, Suguri, and Mitsugi stood their ground. The night was filled with uncertainty, but their love and determination gave them strength.

As Aqua and his men retreated, vowing to return, Leviathan knew that the battle for their love had only just begun. But with Suguri and Mitsugi by his side, he felt ready to face whatever came their way. Their love story, now fraught with danger, would continue to unfold, their bond growing stronger with each challenge they overcame together.