Chapter 4: Tides of the Heart

The first light of dawn filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow on Mitsugi and Suguri as they sat facing each other. The night had been long and filled with revelations, but now, in the quiet of the morning, they felt a tentative peace.

Suguri's voice was barely a whisper. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Mitsugi. I was afraid of what it might do to us."

Mitsugi reached out, taking Suguri's hand. "I understand why you did it, but we can't have secrets between us. Not if we want to move forward."

Suguri squeezed Mitsugi's hand, his eyes brimming with emotion. "I never wanted to hurt you. I love you, Mitsugi."

"I love you too, Suguri," Mitsugi replied softly. "But we need to be honest with each other from now on."

The ring of Mitsugi's phone cut through the silence, startling them both. He glanced at the screen and saw Leviathan's name. With a mixture of trepidation and resolve, he answered.

"Mitsugi," Leviathan's voice was calm, yet urgent. "Come to the university. There's something we need to discuss."

Mitsugi nodded, despite Leviathan not being able to see him. "I'll be there soon."

He looked at Suguri, who nodded in understanding. "Go. I'll be here when you get back."

The ride to the university was filled with anticipation. Mitsugi couldn't help but feel a pang of longing mixed with anxiety as he thought about Leviathan. There was something unspoken between them, something he couldn't ignore any longer.

As he arrived, Leviathan was waiting by the entrance, his tall figure a comforting sight. Mitsugi felt a strange mix of emotions as he approached, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Leviathan," Mitsugi began, but Leviathan held up a hand to stop him.

"Let's talk somewhere private," Leviathan said, his voice gentle.

They made their way to a secluded corner of the campus, away from prying eyes. Leviathan turned to face Mitsugi, his blue eyes filled with an intensity that made Mitsugi's breath catch.

"Mitsugi, there's something I need to tell you," Leviathan said, his voice low. "Something I've been holding back."

Mitsugi's heart raced as he waited, the air thick with anticipation.

Leviathan took a deep breath, his gaze unwavering. "I care about you, Mitsugi. More than I've let on. Seeing you with Suguri, knowing the pain you're both in... it's been difficult for me."

Mitsugi's eyes widened, his heart pounding in his chest. "Leviathan, I..."

Before he could finish, Leviathan stepped closer, his hand gently cupping Mitsugi's cheek. "I know this is complicated, but I can't ignore my feelings anymore."

Mitsugi felt a rush of emotions, his mind a whirlwind. "Leviathan, I care about you too. But... Suguri..."

Leviathan's expression softened. "I don't want to come between you and Suguri. But I also can't deny how I feel."

As Mitsugi struggled to find the right words, he felt a presence behind him. He turned to see Suguri standing there, his eyes filled with understanding.

"Suguri," Mitsugi began, but Suguri stepped forward, placing a hand on his arm.

"It's okay, Mitsugi," Suguri said softly. "I've always known there was something between you and Leviathan. And... I've been trying to figure out how I feel too."

Mitsugi looked between Suguri and Leviathan, his heart aching with the weight of their emotions. "What do we do now?"

Suguri glanced at Leviathan, then back at Mitsugi. "I think we need to be honest with ourselves and each other. If we all care about each other, maybe we can find a way to make this work."

Leviathan nodded, his expression serious. "I agree. It won't be easy, but if we're all willing to try, we can figure this out together."

Mitsugi felt a surge of hope. "Are you sure? This is a big step."

Suguri smiled, a hint of determination in his eyes. "I'm sure, Mitsugi. I love you, and I want us all to be happy."

Leviathan stepped closer, his hand resting on Mitsugi's shoulder. "Then let's take this step together. We can face whatever comes, as long as we're honest with each other."

As the first light of dawn turned into the bright morning sun, the three of them stood together, united by their shared love and determination. They knew the road ahead would be challenging, but they were ready to face it, hand in hand.

In that moment, as the city began to wake, they felt a sense of clarity and purpose. Their hearts, once fractured and uncertain, now beat in harmony, bound by a love that defied convention and embraced the beauty of their shared connection.