PROLOGUE

Three hooded figures stand in front of the grave.  It was already dark and rain has started to pour, but each one of them can clearly see what needed to happen next. The damage has been done.

          The man, seemingly in his early thirties, removed his hood and knelt down to face the two children that was with him.

          "The next few weeks are going to be brutal. Do not, for even a second, expect for mercy. Tradition needs to be followed," he said, leaning closer. "There's not much I can do now."

          Holding hands, the two children looked at each other and nodded. All they had for family was each other. There was no one they could trust. From that point on, everything was about to change.

         A thunder crackled. The man gave them a small, dusty, old box with a lock on it. "Keep this safe," he muttered. With that, he stood up. The ground was getting very muddy because of the rain. He needed to leave. It seemed that the kids were not afraid and if they were, they showed no signs of it. He was about to give them a hug when a black sedan arrived, startling them with a honk.

          It's time, he thought.

          He ushered the kids into the black sedan. They were being awfully quiet throughout the whole ordeal, as if this was a normal thing everyone had to experience. For a second, he worried about them but quickly pushed the thought aside. They can handle themselves and he undoubtedly knew that. Especially since they weren't the average kid. He patted each one on the back before closing the door, signaling the driver to leave.

          "Do you think we'll be alright?" The girl asked, a bit amused. She looked back at the window to see if the man left already.

          The boy shrugged and held her hand before saying, "We have no choice. He's depending on us now. This is do or die."