89-93. Longing

Chapter 89: Longing (11)
T

he swallows come in the New Festival, and the pear blossoms fall in the Qingming Festival.
    Yueyi sat on the swing in the yard in thin clothes, swinging slowly. The swing was made very delicately, and there were many beautiful and colorful unknown small flowers woven on it. The girl was dressed simply, but her beautiful appearance could not be concealed. From a distance, she looked like a fairy. Today was a good day, and the spring sunshine was always intoxicating. Yueyi's little head rested on the rope, listening to the clear voices of the birds in the treetops not far away.
    Ji Chong finished his farm work, put down his hoe, looked at the dazed look of the little princess, and tiptoed closer. After more than four months, Yue Yi's belly was already showing. He bent down and rubbed her jade-like cheeks carefully with his thinly calloused fingers. The little girl opened her eyes in dissatisfaction and complained, "Don't disturb me. I'm almost asleep."
    "You only know how to sleep every day." He joked, "You used to be a little rabbit, but now you're about to become a little pig."
    "You are." The little princess snorted unhappily.
    Ji Chong pinched her cheeks, which were chubby and felt really fatter than before: "You said you weren't, but you've obviously gained weight." He picked her up horizontally and weighed her in his arms and laughed, "It's over, I can't hold you anymore."
    "Ji Chong, you dare to laugh at me!" The little princess was annoyed and raised her hand to pinch his face.
    Ji Chong smiled and didn't hide. He let her torture him for a while and then walked into the hut and put her down. He touched her belly and asked, "Is the baby okay today? Are you feeling uncomfortable?"
    The little princess clinged to him coquettishly, hooked her hands around his neck, and said in his arms in a muffled voice, "I'm fine. I'm just lazy."
    "If you're lazy, just be lazy. I'll do the work."
    "But I want you to accompany me."
    Ji Chong laughed, but he enjoyed it in his heart: "Why are you so clingy now?"
    "I just want to cling to you." The little girl acted coquettishly. "You're
    going to be a mother, but you're still so childish." Ji Chong lowered his head and whispered a few dirty words in her ear affectionately. The little princess was angry, but there was a sparkle in her eyes, with a hint of coquettishness and charm. Ji Chong stroked her little chin and kneaded it: "Will you be so clingy when the baby is born in the future?"
    The little princess refused to let go: "Of course, I'll cling to you together."
    Ji Chong felt as if he had eaten honey in his heart, thinking that after the child was born, the family of three would be happy, snuggling together, kissing and laughing for a long time before letting go.
    Ji Chong thought that such a life might last for a while, even if he had to wait until the child was born before leaving, he would be willing. Unfortunately, there are too many things in the world that will not go according to their wishes. One day, when Ji Chong opened his eyes, he was actually on a ship. He looked out through the window, surrounded by the boundless sea. Yue Yi was still lying next to him with her eyes closed. He quickly checked her breath. Fortunately, even the child in her belly was safe.
    He walked to the deck and saw the mysterious man behind the scenes for the first time.
    Ji Chong had imagined countless looks of the mysterious man. 'He' should be a middle-aged man with a vicious mind, but he never dreamed that it would be a woman with a bleak back. She heard footsteps and turned to face Ji Chong. She was less than 30 years old and had a beautiful face, but even though her face was beautiful, she was lonely and indifferent, and her sickly paleness made her look unkind. Ji Chong met the calm gaze of the woman, without sadness or joy, without the hatred that Ji Chong expected. She just glanced at him calmly and continued to look at the sea and sky in the distance: "Have you had a good rest?"
    "Who are you? Why do you treat me and Yue Yi like this? Where are you taking us now?" Ji Chong quietly stepped back and carefully watched the woman's every move.
    The woman spoke quietly, young but full of vicissitudes: "Do you think I am an unforgivable bad guy?" Her voice was a little ethereal, which was why Ji Chong and Yue Yi could not tell whether the mysterious person was a man or a woman.
    "Isn't it?"
    The woman curved her lips, but there was no smile in her eyes. She did not answer, but asked Ji Chong: "Shouldn't you thank me? I let you meet the girl you like, let you go to Wushan together, and even let the noble little princess get pregnant with your child." She said with a hint of teasing, and if you don't listen carefully, you can't tell.
    Ji Chong's fingertips trembled, and he spoke with difficulty: "You are clearly humiliating her..."
    "Humiliating? Do you think you are too lowly to be worthy of the princess?" She showed a strange smile, "You are wrong, you are worthy, there is no man more suitable for her than you."
    Ji Chong didn't understand what she meant, but he felt it was terrifying and weird.
    The woman put away her smile and pointed to the land that was looming on the other side: "Behind is the sea of ​​Japan, and ahead is the territory of Qi that you have been thinking about." She withdrew her hand, turned her back, and left a sentence: "Congratulations, Lord County."
    Ji Chong couldn't get any valuable information. He went to the cabin to see Yue Yi. Yue Yi's face was pale because of her pregnancy, seasickness, and fear of not seeing him when she woke up. Seeing Ji Chong coming back, she hurriedly hugged him. Ji Chong comforted her: "It's okay." Then he carried her to the deck to blow the cool breeze. She was a little more conscious and talked to Ji Chong about the mysterious woman. Ji Chong didn't want to see her thinking about it, so he comforted her, "We'll be home soon."
    "Why is she so kind all of a sudden?" Yue Yi felt uneasy.
    Ji Chong was also at a loss: "Maybe she's tired."
    Yue Yi's eyebrows were gloomy, and her heart was in turmoil. Although she was young and innocent, she also knew that it was not that simple. But her hometown was just around the corner, so she tried to suppress all the uneasiness in her heart and said to Ji Chong: "Will you go back with me?"
    "Okay." Ji Chong knew that he didn't know what would happen this time, maybe the King of Langya would kill him with a knife. But even so, he had to go, he didn't want to be separated from her from then on.
    "Love between a man and a woman. It's really enviable." The woman came behind them at some point and looked at the two of them, "I hope you can always be like this." She looked not far away and said faintly: "We're about to dock." There was a kind of crazy heat in her tone, as if she was satisfied with what she had wished for.
    The boat docked. The woman looked at the backs of the two people who were about to jump off the boat. Suddenly, she took a few steps closer and said gently in a voice that only the two of them could hear: "Little Princess, Lord County, incest between brother and sister must be good, right?" The two looked back in shock, only to see the sinister smile on the woman's lips.
    "What did you say?" Ji Chong questioned.
    The sails were raised again, and the boat moved away. The woman pushed the two people lightly, and in an instant, the two people landed lightly on the shore. Ji Chong had no time to chase them. Only this sentence like spring thunder remained in his ears, making them dumbfounded. Ji Chong was the first to come back to his senses and hurried to look at Yue Yi behind him. Yue Yi's fingertips exerted force, and clear blood vessels could be seen on her joints. Her face was pale, and her lips trembled as she spoke, with a bit of pleading in her eyes: "Ji Chong, she must have said something wrong, right, she is talking nonsense."
    Ji Chong is not a fool. The woman's words have almost explained everything. His heart was in turmoil, but he still went to comfort Yue Yi first: "It's okay, she lied to us."
    Yue Yi still felt uneasy after hearing his words, and looked at Ji Chong in front of her blankly: "Really?"
    "Really." Ji Chong endured it and held her hand. He paused and said, "I'll take you back."
    Ji Chong felt as if a thousand pounds weighed heavily on his heart. He had just walked Yue Yi for half a quarter of an hour when he saw the guards of the palace rushing over. Seeing Yue Yi, he hurriedly said, "Princess, we finally found you." The leader saw Yue Yi leaning on the arms of a strange young man of similar age, and after examining her for a moment, he said, "The prince has ordered to take you back to the palace."
    Seeing this, Ji Chong guessed that someone must have tipped off that they were coming back.
    The two got on the carriage, and Yue Yi still nestled in Ji Chong's arms without saying a word. Ji Chong took her shoulders and said slowly, "Don't think about it. You are going home. Are you happy?"
    She smiled faintly, "I'm afraid..." She was afraid that what the woman said was true, and even more afraid that Ji Chong would leave.
    "Don't be afraid," Ji Chong kissed her forehead lightly, "I'm here. Little fairy."
    Yue Yi heard the intimate and familiar name, and snuggled into his arms again, wanting to ask him what they would do if what that person said was true, but in the end, she opened her mouth and didn't say anything. Ji Chong sighed secretly. The King of Langya brought him back with him, so he must have known something.
    They all had their own concerns, but they had no way to speak. When the carriage stopped, Yue Yi and Ji Chong got off the carriage, and saw a middle-aged couple walking quickly. Princess Meng Yanjun took the lead to hold Yue Yi in her arms, and wrote with tears in her eyes: "Mother finally found you, my good child, you have suffered." Langya King Cui Huijing's eyes were slightly red, and he also patted the little princess on the shoulder and said: "You are tired along the way. Go back with your mother and rest. Have a good rest."
    Yue Yi sobbed, and said softly in her mother's arms: "My daughter misses you so much."
    "Mother misses you too. It's good that you're back, it's good that you're back." Meng Yanjun touched Yue Yi's jade-like face, showing a smile that was lost and regained, but when his eyes fell on the slightly bulging belly again, a trace of pain and despair flashed in his eyes. She took Yueyi's hand and said, "Mother has prepared a lot of food for you. After you have rested enough, let's go have a meal." As she spoke, she took Yueyi to the palace, and she never looked at Ji Chong from beginning to end.
    Yueyi pulled her mother's sleeve, turned her head, and looked at Ji Chong: "Mother, that's Ji Chong, it's him..."
    "Mother doesn't want to see any outsiders now." Meng Yanjun interrupted Yueyi mercilessly, turned her back, and the maids came over, instantly separating Yueyi and Ji Chong into two worlds.
    Ji Chong watched Yueyi being taken away by the princess. The little girl kept looking back, with concern in her eyes, but unfortunately she was interrupted by the princess after just a few words. Finally, the figure of the little princess disappeared from sight. In an instant, it was as if a big hole appeared in her heart, empty, and the whole person lost his spirit.
    Cui Huijing saw it with his eyes. This was his sin, but in the end it was the two children who had to bear it. He slowed down his tone, revealing a bit of love, and said, "Come with me."
    Ji Chong followed the King of Langya into the study room in a daze. The King of Langya ordered people to close the door. The room was a little dim. Ji Chong stood by the door without saying a word. The King of Langya looked at her for a while and asked, "Your mother, is her name Ji Yunxin, right?"
    Ji Chong's heart trembled, and he murmured unconsciously, "Could it be... Could it be true... Yueyi and I..."
    Seeing him like this, Cui Huijing knew that Ji Chong already understood the relationship between him and Yueyi, and said with heartache, "Good child, I am sorry that I abandoned your mother and made you suffer all these years."
    Ji Chong just shook his head woodenly. He didn't care whether his father was the powerful King of Langya or not. He was only worried about Yueyi. How uncomfortable she must be. She was such a cute and innocent girl. How could she live when she encountered such a thing? Seeing that he did not respond, the King of Langya thought that Ji Chong blamed him: "I went back to look for your mother, but your mother was so arrogant that she left without saying a word. I looked for her for a long time but couldn't find her. I didn't even know that your mother was pregnant at the time. I know she resented me, and you resented me too. I'm sorry. Child, I will make it up to you." YuwanɡsΗe(慾朢涻). ΜE
    "Can I see Yueyi?" Ji Chong asked anxiously after he finished speaking.
    Cui Huijing took a breath: "I'm afraid Yanjun won't let you see Yueyi."
    Ji Chong lowered his head sadly, swallowed, and said helplessly: "What will you do to her?"
    "You also did this without knowing it, and I can't blame you. You are my son, I will take you back to the mansion, and from now on you are brother and sister. As for the child in Yueyi's belly, you can't keep it." Cui Huijing said the last four words firmly and without question.
    Ji Chong's body trembled, the huge pain overwhelmed his nerves, and his stomach twitched. He had actually expected this result a long time ago, but he didn't want to face it, so he often deceived himself. That was his and Yue Yi's child. Should a life be wiped out so easily? He couldn't bear it. He suddenly fell to his knees on the ground, kowtowed several times and begged: "Please let me see Yue Yi, I won't do anything, I just want to see her, I beg you." After that, he kowtowed continuously. King Langya wanted to help him up, but he didn't listen. His forehead was red and swollen, and blood was oozing out, but he still didn't stop. The King of Langya used a little strength to pull him up. His eyes were red. A man doesn't cry easily. A man has gold under his knees. He didn't care about these words. He just wanted to see Yue Yi: "Prince, you can kill me, please. Let me see her again before I die..."
    The King of Langya knew that Meng Yanjun would never agree, but this was his child. He abandoned Ji Yunxin at the beginning. Ji Chong lost his mother when he was a child and grew up alone. He didn't fulfill his responsibilities as a father at all. Now Ji Chong begged him, and his heart softened immediately.
    "Go eat first, have a good rest, and wait for me to let you meet Yue Yi in the afternoon." The King of Langya found a few servants to take Ji Chong away. Ji Chong's status was special, and the servants did not dare to neglect him. They prepared a table of delicious food and served him carefully. Ji Chong was not used to it, but he had mixed feelings in his heart, and he was not in the mood to distinguish anything. He picked up the chopsticks and ate a few mouthfuls without appetite, then said to a servant behind him: "Can you please ask King Langya when I can see the princess?"
    The servant hurriedly agreed and went to report to King Langya. As soon as he reached the door of the study, he heard Meng Yanjun say in a sharp voice: "I don't agree. I can't let that kid see Yueyi again. Absolutely not."
    "Yanjun, please. I have promised Ji Chong and I can't break my promise."
    Meng Yanjun snorted coldly: "You should pay off the debt you owe yourself, why do you have to drag my daughter into it." She turned around, her eyes like poison: "Yueyi is only fifteen years old, what do you want her to do in the future? How can she get married?"
    Cui Huijing's voice also weakened, and he said helplessly: "At worst, we can shut up everyone who knows about it..." Meng
    Yanjun smiled bitterly, shook his head and said: "The child is so old now, if... Yueyi will be in danger."
    "Let them meet. Ji Chong is a sensible child, and besides, Yue Yi can't let go, right?"
    The words of the Langya King touched the princess' heart. She remembered Yue Yi's constant begging during the meal. Even though she knew that the two of them were committing incest, she still wanted to meet. "What are you going to do next? Bring Ji Chong to your house? Even if I agree, how are they going to get along in the future?"
    --