chapter 6

Someone's POV

As I stepped inside the building, everyone bowed their heads.

"Welcome back, ma'am," They said at the same time.

I just walked straight until I got into the elevator.

"What's my appointment today?" I asked my secretary

She still looked confused as she pressed her tablet.

"Ma'am, at 9 am, you have a business meeting with Mr. Ching. Then, at 3 pm, you have your appointment in the ****** hospital." She said

So, today is my schedule at the hospital. It should be next week.

I immediately sat down when we got to our office. It feels good to be back in the Philippines.

Yes, I just returned to the Philippines because I attended college in New York and eventually managed our company branch there. But now I needed to go back and fix some things here.

I started to read the papers on the table. These are some of the company's business proposals and investments. I need to read it carefully before signing. If there is one wrong sign, everything will be messed up.

"Here's your coffee, ma'am," The secretary said, placing it beside me.

I was currently reading the paper I was holding when my phone rang. I answered it.

"Hello," I said

"I knew it. You're already in the Philippines! Why didn't you tell us?" Said the person on the other line

"Why should I?" I said here

"You still didn't change free! Let's hang out later with the gang at the ***** Avenue," she said"Okay," I just said

It was my long-time friend Kim. Yeah, even though I'm this cold, I still have friends. There are five in the group. We have been friends since our high school days.

After carefully reading Mr. Ching's proposal, I have prepared to meet him.

I didn't take my secretary because I had to go somewhere after the meeting.

I entered the restaurant that we discussed as the meeting place.

"Good day, ma'am. May I ask your name?" The receptionist said

"Sarocha charkha," I said

"Oh, this way, ma'am," It said

I followed it, and we reached the end room.

He opened it, and as expected, there was someone inside.

"Hello, Ms. Chankimha; I'm nop,  Mr. Ching's representative," He said, offering his hand.

"Oh, I thought you, Mr. Ching, but anyway, let's start this meeting," I said

I don't know, but this guy looks familiar.

"So as we propose, ma'am, we asked you to invest in our company. Our company ranks no. 10 in the hotel industry," He said

"We promise you won't be disappointed with the company ratings. As we know, your company is the most well-known name in the business industry, so we are looking for your consideration," He said

I just nodded and just listened to his explanation and proposal.

We finished almost 1 pm. He's persuading me.

"Tell Mr. Ching to wait; my secretary will call you if I have decided," I said here.

"Thank you, ma'am," he said

I got up and left. It's still early for my schedule at the hospital, so I'll go to the park first.

When I arrived at the park, I immediately saw the tree where we used to meet each other.

Yeah, I have two reasons why I came back. One is to help manage the company here and to see her again.

I sat for a while and pondered.

If I weren't scared, we would be happy now.

I left her without saying goodbye; I just disappeared from her life.

I thought I could still return to her when I decided to go back to the Philippines.

Even before I came home from the Philippines, I hired a private investigator to look for her. I want to see her and say hello after years of not talking.

But I was surprised when I found out that she was married. She has been married for five years.The private investigator sent me all the pictures, including her wedding...

I wasn't expecting these things.

But then, along the way, I was furious; I found out that her husband was beating her.

I swear to god I will get her back! Just wait, bastard.

On my first day in the Philippines, I immediately sent her flowers.

I hope she likes it. I'm still getting ready and planning how to get her back. I still didn't dare show myself, so I watched her afar.

***************Thanks for reading this chapter