iv. . . "gatekeeping you"

CHAPTER FOUR !"gatekeeping you"

CHAPTER FOUR !
"gatekeeping you"

Dolores woke up to the familiar sound of her alarm, her room slowly filling with the soft light of the early morning sun. She stretched and yawned, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep. Today was just another day at the café, but after the events of the past few days, she felt a mix of anticipation and curiosity about what might happen next.

She dressed quickly a pair of wide leg trousers, a white top and her favouritr shoes. After tying her hair back into a neat ponytail, she headed downstairs to find her mom already bustling around the kitchen, preparing breakfast.
"Morning, Mom," Dolores greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning, Dolores. Did you sleep well?" her mom asked, glancing up from the stove.

"Yeah, pretty well. Anything exciting happening today?" Dolores asked, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Just the usual morning rush, I suppose," her mom replied with a shrug. "Sierra is already at the café, setting things up."

Dolores nodded, taking a sip of her coffee. She couldn't help but wonder if Jude would keep his promise and visit the café today. The thought of seeing him again sent a flutter of excitement through her.

After finishing breakfast, Dolores grabbed her bag and headed out the door, making her way to the café. The streets were already coming to life, with people hurrying to work and the shops beginning to open. She enjoyed the walk, the familiar sights and sounds of the neighborhood providing a comforting routine.

When she arrived at the café, she found Sierra arranging pastries in the display case. "Morning, Sisi," Dolores greeted her.

"Morning, Dolores! Ready for another busy day?" Sierra asked, flashing her a grin.

"Always," Dolores replied with a smile. She put her bag away and joined Sierra behind the counter, preparing for the morning rush.

As the clock struck eight, the first wave of customers began to trickle in. Dolores and Sierra worked efficiently, taking orders and preparing drinks with practiced ease. The café was soon buzzing with activity, the smell of freshly brewed coffee filling the air.

"Good morning, Dolores," a regular customer, Mr. Thompson, greeted her as he approached the counter. "I'll have my usual, please."

"Good morning, Mr. Thompson. One black coffee coming right up," Dolores replied, smiling as she prepared his drink.

Next in line was Mrs. Jenkins, another regular. "Good morning, Dolores. I'll have a cappuccino, please," she said, her warm smile lighting up her face.

"Of course, Mrs. Jenkins. How's your day so far?" Dolores asked as she started on the cappuccino.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Just running some errands," Mrs. Jenkins replied with a chuckle.

As the morning progressed, the café continued to fill with a steady stream of customers. Dolores enjoyed the familiar rhythm of her work, the interactions with regulars, and the satisfaction of serving a perfectly made drink.