CHAPTER 3: What's Going On

I wake up the next morning on my bed which is still filled my homework books. I'm actually lucky to have been able to sleep and get work done. To all the students out there, you can do anything.

Lifting from my bed, I could already hear my mom walking through halls waiting for me. I quickly run out of my room and into the shower.
"Rose! It's time to wake up already. Don't be an embarrassment." I turned on my shower whilst brushing my teeth and hair.

Finally out of the bathroom, I change into my uniform. I go to the kitchen, fetch my breakfast and head for the door when all of a sudden my mom called.
"Bye Rosey ." she said in a calm sweet voice for once. I turned around to see her on her phone, I guess it was just an act.

I got onto the bus and sat next to Pedro, he always has a way of getting me to feel better.
"He Rose, are you ready for another day of prison." We erupted into laughter and I got a bit dizzy. I found myself laying my head on his shoulder but he didn't seem to mind.
"Oh um, sorry about that." I couldn't even look him in the eye as I lift away from him.

At the end of the ride, I realized we haven't spoken the entire time. I felt horrible and wanted to make things right but I didn't really know how. We were walking through the halls when I finally got the courage to speak to Pedro. The bell rang at the worst moment and I had to get to class.

We were in the middle of a chemistry experiment but my head was to full of thoughts, thoughts of Pedro that is. I couldn't get him out of my head from the way he laughs to the way his brown eyes glimmer whenever he looks at me.

"Hey aren't you listening, move!" A loud voice rang out and I snapped out of my thoughts realizing that the experiment was now all over me. Panicking and hyperventilating I passed out.

I finally wake up in the nurse's office on a white bed and I see him.
"Pedro, what are you doing in here." I tried to get up failing miserably Pedro pushed me back down.
"Of course I'm here you're my friend aren't you." He paused and didn't speak anymore. Then I heard a voice, it sounded like Pedro but wasn't Pedro ' I wish we were more than friends' my eyes widened of shock was this for real?

"What was that?" I looked him in the eyes wondering. He seemed confused motioning that he didn't speak. I was extremely puzzled and could hardly say a thing. He then left the room and alone with my thoughts, again. I don't have a problem with my thoughts but I know I can hear something.

Voices in my head kept speaking and I couldn't take it anymore. I just gave in and started to listen. 'Aw, why did grandma have to die .'
'I can't believe I failed maths again .'
'I hope Rose is alright .'
I some how recognized the voices as my classmates and the last one was Pedro. I realized that I was reading minds.

The nurse got in and me I was alright and could leave. I stood to leave but I stopped when I heard her thoughts, 'I don't even know how or why this happened I lied about her being okay, mostly because I don't know myself .' After hearing that I ran out when I ran into someone.

"Rosé, look at you."
"Someone's looks yummy." I looked up to see my childhood besties, Hannah and Wanda. They were twins.
"Oh my goodness girls I've missed you so much and I'm not the only one looking good, look at you. What's the body count?"
We laughed together as we found ourselves in the bathroom.
"Look at us walking and talking without using our brains, again."

Later on the bell rang to start classes and I left the twins. I walked through the big school halls looking for my class. I finally got to my class, it just had to be math didn't it. I got in and examined the room, some looked surprised to see me, others seemed relieved but Violet was troubled. In class Violet would always try to show off her fancy stationary or she would try to show how smart she was. Thus made what she was doing even crazier. She is the type that always ready for more and here she was not speaking at all.

My curiosity got the better of me and I tried my best to mind read. This time I tried to focus on Violet only.
'No mom and dad can't be those kinds of people,No! They can't, they couldn't, they shouldn't be MAFIA BOSSES !' Her thoughts rang through my ears, my eyes widened and my breathing was shaky.

This wasn't any news or brand new gossip, this was a matter of crime and justice. The police have been after her parents for far to long. I could expose then but how and at what cost? Violet was already down in the dumps and as much as she's annoying no body should loose their parents. So um help me out please.

I decided to go back to my lesson because I was to busy mind reading minds that I forgot about the lesson. By the time I was back the bell rang and we were dismissed, bad luck I guess. I decided to get on the bus, knowing that I will find Pedro there.

I got on the bus and was waiting for Pedro but I didn't see him. That was when I noticed, from my window, Violet getting into a black limo with heavy tinted windows and two large men got out to let her in. I kept looking when all of a sudden someone sat next to me.

"Rose, what are you doing?" I turned to see Pedro next to me, he looked so cute when he's confused.
"Oh um, nothing I am just weird like that." He shrugged his shoulders and the bus started. We chatted about the day all the way home but I couldn't bring myself to tell him I could read minds. Once I got home I crashed onto my pillow and fell asleep.