Chapter 6 - For Amethyst

Cassius Grey

Their eyes darted to Amethyst and then the ring box.

" Why are you both here?" I asked.

" We were going to ask you to come grab food with us." Charleigh said.

" Hey Gigi." She smiled.

" Hello." She responded and I knew I'd be given the cold shoulder again as well. I was so close. I sighed.

" I'm in the middle of something you can't just pop up like this. Rhegan let yall up?"

" She said you had company I just assumed it was Saint so we kept walking to save you from your misery." Charleigh admitted.

" Okay well I'm in the middle of something."

" I see. I didn't know you were a pink lip gloss type of guy." She joked and I know this was awkward for Chantel.

" Can we do dinner or something? I'm busy like I said Charleigh.." I tried to changed the subject.

" Actually I'm going to head out. I'm supposed to be seeing my sisters today." Amethyst grabbed her purse and tried to hurry out. I grabbed her waist.

" You didn't mention that earlier." I said.

" Was I supposed to?" She asked.

" I guess not." I said. And just like that she was once again cold and distant.

" Let me know when you reach there safely." I said before kissing her lips before she could move further away. She blushed but didn't respond.

" Okay?" I asked.

" Okay." She said dryly.

" Excuse me." She spoke to Chantel who stepped aside.

" You both have the worst timing in the world." I sighed.

" I didn't know Cassius give me a break." Charleigh said taking a seat where Amethyst once said and picking up the ring box.

" I'm sorry for coming." Chantel finally spoke.

" It's alright. She'll get over it." I hoped.

" How will she feel about us being friends?" She asked.

" I may have to cut you off. It's all love though." I laughed. I was serious too.

" Understandable if you're going to these lengths. It's gorgeous." She examined the ring with Charleigh.

" Did she say no?" Chantel asked.

" I didn't get a chance to ask her." I shrugged.

" Wait so you showed her a ring but didn't ask her? Did we interrupt mid proposal?!" Charleigh gasped.

" No you interrupted mid something though. I wouldn't lean on my desk." I joked and Charleigh quickly took her resting arms off my desk.

" Gross."

" Well what did she say when she saw the ring?"

" She cried and tried to rush off but I stopped her."

" God what did you do to her?" Charleigh asked.

" Long story." I sighed.

" Well do you want to sit and sulk or talk about it over lunch?" She asked. I took the ring box and closed it. I put it in my pocket and grabbed my car keys.

" Let's go." I said.

Amethyst Giselle Washington

I rang the doorbell of Heather's apartment, and she swung open the door with a big smile. "Oh shit, heyyyyy stranger!" She stepped aside, revealing Zephorah lounging on the couch, eyes fixed on the TV. "Hey love bug," Zephorah said, turning around with a lazy grin.

"Hey," I replied, trying to sound casual, but my tone must have been off because they both frowned.

"What's wrong?" Heather asked, her brow furrowed with concern.

That did something to me. My tears fell, and I found myself crying in my sisters' arms. "What happened?!" Zephorah asked, alarm creeping into her voice.

"Gigi, what happened?!" she asked again, her grip on me tightening.

I sniffled, trying to compose myself. "He was going to marry me. Why would he do that? We haven't even known each other long." I cried, my body shaking.

"Who? Cassius?" Heather asked, her voice soft.

I nodded, feeling a fresh wave of tears. "He had a ring."

Zephorah's eyes widened. "Awwww, oh my God. Gi! That's good news, right?"

I shook my head, feeling a mix of emotions. "How is that good news? I've been avoiding him, and he just dropped this bomb on me. He put so much effort into a ring, and I can't even be in the same room with him without doubting my sanity because it feels wrong to love him."

I sighed, feeling overwhelmed. "I don't know what to do."

Heather's expression turned serious. "You have to forgive yourself, Gigi. And then forgive him. Even if you don't want to be with him. This is weighing down on you, and I don't like it."

Zephorah nodded in agreement. "Me neither. Nothing in this world is perfect, Amethyst. Do you want to be with him?"

I hesitated, unsure of my answer. "I don't know."

Zephorah's eyes locked onto mine. "Do you love him?"

I took a deep breath before answering. "I shouldn't."

Zephorah's expression was gentle. "But do you?"

I admitted the truth. "So much."

Zephorah's smile was soft. "Then it doesn't have to make sense to anyone but the both of you."

I nodded, feeling a small sense of comfort. "It doesn't make sense to me either."

" Then his sister and ex showed up to his office while we were talking."

" What?! That asshole...he mess with her still?"

" He asked them to go and he kissed me goodbye when I let myself out."

" Okay now that's odd." Heather said.

" So odd."

" I don't know what to do." I sat down and threw my head back.

" My relationship is complicated I can't give much advice but I love you and I'm here for you." Zephorah sighed and pulled me into a hug.

" I just need my family. I'm sorry I've been distant."

" It's okay, we need space sometimes." Heather joined our hug.

I just wanted to get into my bed and sleep for a thousand nights but I can't avoid my problems anymore.