Chapter 4- When The Party's Over

Amethyst Giselle Washington

My head was pounding and the sun wasn't doing me any favors. I was so happy I didn't have to be at work today. I'm not even sure how I made it to my bed. I sighed and forced myself to my feet but the room was spinning.

I walked over to the kitchen to get some water. The lights were off and the cool AC air made me feel goose bumps on my body. I grabbed a bottle of water out the package and when I walked back towards my bedroom I noticed that I had company.

I walked closer to the couch and Cassius laid there in his clothes from last night sound asleep. All I could think about was the stripper who had danced all over him and how he tried to get Heather to dance for money. I tapped him. His eyes shot open and he sat up.

" What time is it?"

" Why are you here?"

" You were drunk, I had no way of locking your front door so I stayed."

" You could've just left it opened."

" And what if someone came in? Or wind pushed it opened? You do have a window in your hallway that people can open." He said as he stretched.

" Okay well thank you. I'm alert and can lock my door now."

" You're kicking me out so soon?" He chuckled.

" Yeah Cassius. I'm not about to confuse myself."

" With what?" He asked gathering his charger, money and phone.

" You."

" I see."

" I'm sorry if I overstepped I was just trying to make sure that you were safe." He added as he put his sneakers on.

" Why didn't you make sure I was safe when it mattered the most?" I asked

" What?" He frowned.

" I dont understand why you try to be so protective of me when you were sound asleep in your bed or fucking Chantel over my head while i was chained to a basement floor."

" Amethyst I'm fucking sorry what else do you want me to say?!" He stood to his feet and hovered me.

" I wasn't supposed to fall for you." I said.

" But you did." He said firmly.

" And I regret it."

" Is that why you're crying in the middle of the floor right now? You're mad because I didn't save you?" He asked slickly and I lost my cool. I charged at him and began to hit his chest until I just broke down in tears.

" Don't put your hands on me Amethyst."

" I hate you so much." I hit his arm and this his chest repeatedly. His breathing picked up and he grabbed both of my arms.

" Amethyst I'm not fighting with you." He said firmly.

" I hate you. How could you let them do that to me?"

" I didn't know you! I didn't love your ass yet. I made mistakes and I owned up to it. I even burned the fucking house to ashes for you. What else do you want from me Gigi?" He yelled at me.

" Huh?" He pushed my chest back.

" That's what you fucking want right? A reaction?"

" You want me to be a grimey nigga?" He pushed me harshly against the wall.

" You ever put you hands on me again I'm going to break you fucking hands Amethyst." He frowned as he breathed heavily. I nodded.

Cassius Grey

Few grew in her eyes and I felt like an asshole but I was tired of being the nice guy and letting her disrespect me. Her hand shook. I grabbed it and kissed it.

" I'm sorry. I don't want to fight with you. I hate arguing and fighting with you. I would never hurt you but please don't antagonize me because I still have a temper Amethyst."

She nodded. I pulled her into a hug and held onto her and when she started crying I held onto her tighter.

" Do you really hate me?" I asked.

" I couldn't stop thinking about you for a whole year." She mumbled.

" I couldn't stop thinking about you either."

" Don't lie to me." She said.

" I don't know what Lauren showed you or what Chantel posted but I spent some time with her and we are friends. Some things are better left in the past—some aren't." I added.

" I just want to be alone."

" I'll leave you alone if that's what you want." I rest my head on her head.

She nodded. I couldn't control myself anymore. I was tired of fronting like I didn't want her. I leaned in and kissed her. She kissed me back. She slipped her tongue into my mouth and the taste of peppermint was on her tongue. She pulled away. I grabbed her neck. Her eyes were filled with lust.

" I have to work. Can I see you later so we can finish talking?" I asked. She hesitated to respond.

" I've worked so hard to forget about you. I don't want to go backwards." She finally said.

" Really Gigi? You really made me the monster in your story and I hate that shit. It's lame as hell. I care about you. I want to take care of you. You should be mine." I frowned.

" Thank you for making sure I got home safely. Enjoy your day." She said.

" Alright Amethyst. I love you but I won't chase you." I kissed her forehead.

I sighed walking out. I don't know why she was being so fucking strict with me but when Jayce broke her fucking arm she sat next to him at a dinner like nothing happened.

This shit was starting to piss me off. I felt like a creep fighting for love I'd never get.