Chapter 3 (Assault)

Emily walked alongside Reynan, The path they were taking didn't seem familiar and she realized that this wasn't the way of World History class was held.

"Huh? This isn't the way to the Liberal building," Emily said

Reynan didn't respond immediately. Instead, he continued walking. Emily suddenly caught the faint smell of cigarette smoke from behind.

Then, from behind her, she heard "You've got a big mouth on you, Emily "

Emily froze, She slowly turned around and found herself face-to-face with **Ethan**, a cigarette dangling lazily from his lips.

Ethan took a step closer, He exhaled a stream of smoke, his gaze never leaving hers. "Did you think I was joking?" he asked.

"Ethan?!" Emily's voice trembled,

Emily turned back and call out to Reynan, but he just leave.

"Did you complaint against me to principal?" He asked, blowing smoke

Emily stumbled backward. "Y-Yeah, so what? You broke my phone first," she stammered.

Ethan's eyes narrowed, "is that so" with sudden adrenaline he grabbed Emily by the collar, pulling her close so that their faces were mere inches apart. The force of his grip, she could feel the fabric of her shirt tightening around her throat.

"I don't care what those idiots say about me" Blowing smoke of his cigarette directly into Emily's face. She coughed, her eyes watering.

"But I didn't say you could go babbling away like a little girl to the principal's office, complaining about me," Ethan continued.

"You really thought you could have our bastard principal fight your battles for you?" Ethan sneered, Ethan pushed Emily against the wall,

"Do you really think that anyone can protect you? And get me in trouble, To fuck me?" he asked, as he watched the fear in her eyes grow.

"Leave me alone," Emily shouted,

Ethan's lips curled into a cruel smile. "Well, I was gonna but since you started it..." he grabbed Emily's wrist with a vice-like grip, his expression darkening. "I'll make your pretty face very, very sorry now."

Before Emily could react, Ethan brought the lit cigarette down to her wrist, pressing the burning end against her skin. The searing pain was immediate and intense, and Emily screamed, tears streaming down her face as she tried to pull away and she fell to her knees.

"That's what it was all about, right?" Ethan said coldly, watching as the cigarette left a red mark on her skin.

He finally let go of her wrist, and Emily , clutching her arm in agony. She trembled , her sobs silent, her body shaking from pain and anger.

He crouched down in front of her, forcing her to meet his gaze. "You... son of a bitch," Emily spat, her voice shaking with a mix of pain and anger.

He slapped her hard across the face, sending her sprawling to the ground and making her lips bleed little from side. "You wanted to play the victim? Well, here's a good opportunity to remember your place."

"And anyway swearing don't suit you much"

Ethan laughed,"Why are you shaking?" he mocked

Ethan laughed,"Why are you shaking?" he mocked. "If someone saw this, they'd think I was beating you up or something."

"Look at you, trembling like you're about to die. Is this how you also act in front of principal too, Your victim card won't work here, Emily." He stands up and blush his cloth.

Ethan's eyes darkened as he continued, "If you're afraid with only this much, what's going to happen when you get what's really coming to you?"

Emily didn't answer, her voice caught in her throat as she struggled to even breathe, let alone respond.

"Nothing will change, so why would you choose to remain in this school?" he asked, though it was clear he didn't expect an answer. He wasn't interested in her thoughts-he was interested in her suffering.

she remained silent, He stood up, stepping back slightly, his cigarette now almost burnt out.

"You.......Are you a masochist or something?" He said with smirk.

"That's okay, I suppose," with no empathy. "But let me tell you something."

He turned away from her, tossing the cigarette to the ground and crushing it under his shoe. "This is not your place, so just leave. Leave this school."

With that, Ethan walked away finally leave her behind

---

Emily didn't know how long she stayed there, curled up on the cold floor, clutching her wrist and trying to make sense of what had just happened. Her mind was a whirlwind of fear, pain, and despair.

She had thought that filing a complaint against Ethan, but now she realized just how naive she had been.