Chapter 6: Busy Work (Suuuuper Short Filler Chapter)

(Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY, the franchise, IP or series, only this fanfiction (plus Dizzy and any other characters, companies, gun brands, etc, that I made for this book) ((I mean obviously I own Dizzy, he's just a barely-disguised self-insert I put into this book as the main character, and I'm pretty sure I own myself)), RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth, all rights to the original series are reserved to them, yadda yadda yadda, other legal jargon I need to put here as to not get sued to high hell.)

First Person P.O.V.

Tuesday, 06:15, October 23rd, 2104

Like every other day here, I get up and out of my bed, walking out of the barracks and-wait, fuck, I'm forgetting something.

Oh yeah, the box, still haven't turned that in to Cinder despite how much time it's been, I just keep forgetting about it, should probably do that right now before I forget again.

Walking back into the barracks and over to my bed, I grab the black box from my bed and exit the barracks, again, and since I don't really have any idea as to where Cinder spends her time in here when she's around, I just start to wander aimlessly throughout the warehouse, entering and exiting random rooms as I search for her.

The search, thankfully, doesn't take that long, and I end up finding her in a small, secluded room, looking through some papers on a desk, suppose she was given this room to stay in while she's here.

Her attention turns from the papers to me once I open the door, motioning for me to enter which I promptly do, box in hand as I step inside and approach her, close the door, and speak up.

"Hello miss, I have something that I think might be of interest to you, I was going to show it to you two months ago, right after we stole the Paladin, but I forgot and also needed to spend a bit of time researching it."

Cinder puts her papers down on her desk as I speak, turning to look at me, her amber eyes staring directly at my dark brown ones, Oum, it's like she's staring into my soul, I don't like it.

Cinder: "What is it that you would like to show me?"

"It's this, gimme a moment.

I press the buttons located on the box a few times, randomly mashing them in no particular order for a few seconds before remembering the combination and unlocking it, clicking on the file featured on the holographic screen that came out of it. 

"Project Silver Eyes, I have no idea what it is but I thought that it would interest you, tried to look into it myself for a few weeks, came up with nothing but a few really weird conspiracy theories from ages ago."

Her eyes seem to widen for a moment as I name the project but they return to their normal size soon after.

Cinder: "Project Silver Eyes...where did you find this?"

"Found it in the oversized train car the Paladin was stored in, no idea why they would leave this in there with minimal protection but that isn't really important."

Cinder: "And why did you want to show me this?"

"I thought that information about a secret government anti-Grimm weapon that practically nobody else knows about would be interesting to you, or someone of a higher rank than you, at the very least."

She leans back in her chair slightly, crossing one leg over the other before responding.

Cinder: "You are correct. You've done well in finding this and bringing it to me."

"Yay.

I raise both my hands in the air temporarily before walking over to her and handing the box over to her.