Chapter 45

~Y/n's Pov:~
"So, you two are a thing now?" Yosano smirked at me as we prepared for the party to celebrate our win and Kyouka passing the exam.

I'm still trying to process the fact Kunikida and I are dating now. Once I get a chance, I'll give Asher a visit and tell him!

"Yes." A smile was underneath my mask, "It was right after everything was resolved."

{Flashback}
As we all smiled at Atsushi and the others from afar, Kunikida looked at me.

"I love you." He grabbed my face softly.

"I love you too.." I kissed him again. When I pulled away, I looked into his eyes, "Are we a couple?"

"Do you want to be?"

"Yes."

"Then we are." He smiled and kissed me again.
{Flashback Over}
"He's a little too romantic." Yosano spoke in disgust.

"He's so sweet.. I love it."

"Whatever floats your boat, Y/n. Ooo! We have wine?" She grabbed a bottle and inspected it.

I looked around and noticed Kunikida helping with the decorations. He was also giving directions to others about where everything should go.

He made eye contact with me and I smiled, giving him a small wave.

I saw him smile back.

~Time Skip~
"Whenever she enters, we pop the confetti, alright, everyone?" Ranpo told us.

We all nodded.

The door opened and we popped the confetti, "Congratulations, Kyouka! Welcome to the Armed Detective Agency!"

Kyouka's eyes were wide. She looked happy.

Atsushi was smiling behind her.

~Time Skip~
"Cheers!"

Everyone was celebrating.

I was currently looking at all of the food.

"Tanizaki did not disappoint with what he made." Kunikida was standing beside me.

"What are these?" I looked at the plate on the table full of food.

"Takoyaki."

I grabbed one and ate it, "Wow! That's good! What's in it?"

"Octopus."

"...A what?"

"The 8 tentacled sea animal?"

"Oh! I thought those were called "Ollies"!"

"No, they're not." Kunikida chuckled. His smiled faded into a surprised expression as he saw me filling up my plate with food.

"It's not everyday I get Junichiro's food.." My plate was getting stacked, "Oh, Kenji brought onigiri?! Yes!"

"...Do you want to share it?"

I looked at him.

~Time Skip~
Kunikida and I were sitting by each other, eating Takoyaki and smiling.

He looked at Atsushi and Kyouka, "Oh, give me just a second."

"Okay." I looked back at my food and kept eating.

Before I knew it, I heard Kunikida giving Atsushi a lecture.

..Didn't he just save the city?

I stood up and grabbed Kunikida's arm, "C'mon, give him a break. He just saved Yokohama."

"What? B-but.."

"Besides, shouldn't you tell them something?"

He looked at them and sighed, "Good job."

I smiled and pulled him back to the food table, "Let's get some more food!"

"But we already have a whole plate!"

"I might as well get more so I don't get seconds later!"

~Kunikida's Pov:~
Hearing Y/n say that, I looked shocked. When I sighed, a smile formed on my lips.

This woman..

{If I see one more Kunikida edit with the song "Forever Young", I'm going to lose it}