Chapter 3-The Phone Call That Started It All

A/N: I would like to wish @LivieLou28 a very happy birthday! <3 

JUNE 10th, 1990

MICHAEL STEPPED OUT OF THE CAR ONCE IT STOPPED IN FRONT OF HAYVENHURST, THE HOME OF THE JACKSON FAMILY. Most of them had moved out and were married with kids but his parents Katherine and Joseph were there, still living in the family home. The familiar sight brought back a wave of nostalgia, memories flooding his mind as he walked up the pathway.

Without knocking, as it was technically his house too, he opened the door and walked into the living room where he saw the family all huddled around the laptop screen, a video playing on it.

Katherine sighed, shaking her head, "I don't know why you kids like watching these wrestling matches. It's all....so violent."

Joseph chuckled, "Katherine, it's a sport! It's meant to be entertaining. Look at that move! Incredible athleticism."

"I don't know," Katherine shook her head again, "It's just too violent for me. I can't stand watching those girls land on their necks like that. It looks dangerous," she winced, looking away from the screen.

Michael's attention was immediately drawn to the video playing, his eyes widening as he recognized the arena and then the familiar figure in the ring.

"I know her," Michael spoke up, surprising his family who turned to look at him in confusion.

"You do?" Joseph raised an eyebrow, "Have you met her before?"

Michael nodded, a spark of excitement igniting in his eyes, "I saw her perform live at a show recently. She's incredible."

Katherine looked at Michael with interest, "What was she like?"

"She's... she's different," Michael chose his words carefully, trying to articulate the complexity he sensed in Athena during their brief interaction, "There's more to her than meets the eye. She's not just a wrestler."

Joseph chuckled, "Sounds like you're intrigued, son. Maybe you should reach out to her, get to know her better."

"I'm looking her up right now!" LaToya exclaimed.

"LaToya!" Joseph scoffed, "You're going to internet stalk the poor girl?!"

"I am not stalking her! I'm just doing some research," LaToya defended herself, typing away on the keyboard.

"Ooh, she's beautiful!" Katherine gasped, getting sucked in.

"Let me see!"

"I wanna see!"

"Watch out, I wanna look!"

"Move it, Randy!"

"Ow! Get off! I'm looking next!"

With all the siblings arguing over who got to look at the screen, Joseph sighed, rubbing his temples, "Okay, that's enough. Connect the computer to the television. Then everyone can see it. Maybe then we can actually see what's happening instead of you all trampling over each other."