Chapter 5-𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓾𝓶

A COUPLE WEEKS LATER, THE PHOTOS HAD BEEN TAKEN AND IT WAS SET THAT MICHAEL AND ATHENA WERE TO SPEND SOME TIME TOGETHER TO GET COMFORTABLE WITH EACH OTHER

A COUPLE WEEKS LATER, THE PHOTOS HAD BEEN TAKEN AND IT WAS SET THAT MICHAEL AND ATHENA WERE TO SPEND SOME TIME TOGETHER TO GET COMFORTABLE WITH EACH OTHER. Vickie and Dolph had gone all out with the staged photos, ensuring they captured every angle that would suggest a budding romance between Michael and Athena.

One night, Michael and Athena were sitting in her dressing room.

Athena was reading a book and Michael was watching her. The way her hair would blow from the AC vent she was sitting directly under, the way her eyes would graze over the pages, the way her lips would unconsciously curl into a small smile when she reached a particularly amusing part—it all captivated him.

"Goodness gracious, Hardin," Athena shook her head, tutting at the actions of the character in 'After', "He's a boy, Tessa. You need a damn man," she said as she shook her head again, "Girl, he sleeps with anything with a vagina! He is gaslighting you!"

Leaning back in his chair, Michael spoke up, "I've never seen anyone get so riled up over a book before. It's quite refreshing." He flashed her a warm smile, appreciating the genuine side of her that shone through even in casual moments like this.

"Well, I guess I just can't stand toxic men," Athena shrugged, folding her book over her fingers so she wouldn't lose her spot.

The two walked out to the ring, since the purpose of this storyline was for them to be united in 'rebutting' Dolph and Vickie's claim that they were dating.

"Vickie, I don't know what you're trying to prove," Athena said firmly, following her lines in the script as she stepped into the ring after Michael, "But it's getting old! Nobody wants to hear this nonsense anymore."

"Athena and I are friends," Michael added, also following his lines, "I don't know how this whole 'they're dating' thing even came up!"

"Oh, come on guys!" Dolph scoffed as the script told him to do, "This is all a ruse, isn't it? You two can't fool us! Look at the chemistry!" he exclaimed theatrically, playing up the situation for the audience.

Vickie chimed in, her voice dripping with faux disbelief, "Yeah, look! They're practically glowing with love!"

"Yeah! Admit it," Dolph encouraged, "You two are more than just friends. Admit it!"

Athena shot Michael a quick sideways glance before turning back to face their accusers, "Chemistry? Please. Just because two people get along doesn't mean they're romantically involved. It's called friendship," she retorted, her tone sharp and convincing, "Something you two don't know anything about!"

Michael nodded in agreement, his expression serious yet unwavering as he stood by Athena's side, "Exactly. We have a good friendship. You two are just trying to cause drama," he stated firmly, his voice carrying across the arena with a calm authority.

Dolph and Vickie, playing their roles to the hilt, exchanged knowing glances before Vickie put on a mock pout, "Oh, come on, you two! Where's the fun in just being friends?"

"I mean, the both of you are hot as hell!" Dolph exclaimed, "Why wouldn't sparks be flying and hotel rooms be booked?"

Athena, realizing Dolph said something they could use against them, smiled before turning back to Dolph and Vickie, "Dolph.....did you just say that Michael is hot?" she asked with a smirk, her eyes gleaming mischievously.

Michael couldn't help but chuckle at Athena's quick thinking. Playing along, he added, "Well, I must say, Dolph, I'm flattered by your admiration," He shot a playful wink in Dolph's direction, much to the amusement of the crowd starting to catch on to the banter.

Vickie, sensing the tables turning, quickly interjected with a dramatic gasp, "This is outrageous! Athena and Michael are clearly trying to distract us with these mind games. We won't be fooled!" she huffed as she played by the script, "I mean, sure, Athena is unnaturally hot and she's got everything! But we need to focus here—these two are together secretly and they refuse to admit it!"

"Vickie," Michael spoke up, catching onto what she had said, "Did you just call Athena hot?"

"Oh, Vickie, that's very flattering but I don't date coworkers—or women!" Athena responded with her quick wit.

The audience erupted into laughter at the comedic exchange between the four, each word adding fuel to the playful banter.

Athena winked at Michael before turning back to Dolph and Vickie, her tone now laced with amusement, "I mean....I say we end this 'investigation' right here. We've been doing this back and forth for four weeks now and you've proven nothing!"

"Fine," Vickie huffed as she and Dolph climbed out of the ring, "Done for tonight—but this isn't over!" she exclaimed before they disappeared backstage.

Athena and Michael followed shortly after, returning to her dressing room. As they settled in again, a silence filled the room.