Arrival...

After multiple hours of Ryder and Allie pissing me off in the car, we finally made it to school. Well, technically, we didn't.

Coach Anderson told all students that there would be a mini bus coming to take us to the hostel or whatever, and it didn't arrive. Turns out that the driver was stuck in traffic, and we had to either wait four hours for him to come or drive ourselves.

So, as you'd expect, I picked the second option.

I had two spare seats in the car, so I decided to let two more members cruise with us.

"Cheers for the ride!" Mickey hops into the backseat followed by Mia.

"Yeah, whatever." I glance at Ryder through the front mirror and see him smiling like a little kid.

Allie moves out and into the front seat, swapping places with Ryder so that he can sit next to Mia.

"Mind if we stop at the gas station? I want some snacks." Allie asks me, leaning into my ear due to the noise in my car.

"Uh... yeah." I start the car and begin driving off to our destination.

Ryder's POV:

Mia is sitting next to me.

I mean, like riiiight next to me. And she looks gorgeous as ever.

"You okay?" Mia looks up at me, full of concern.

"Y-yeah." I get myself together. "I'm fine, yeah. Are you?"

She chuckles. "Yeah, I'm good." Fuck..she has such a pretty laugh.

Time passes, and we get stuck in traffic.

"DON'T FUCKING HONK AT ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT! IM NOT CAUSING THE FUCKING TRAFFIC FUCKFACE!" Conan flips someone off.

Mia jumps beside me, clutching onto my arm.

I immediately tend to her. "Scared?"

"Nope. Just startled me." I hadn't realised, but the entire time she had been sleeping on my shoulder.

I rub her hair. "Sorry about that. Conan gets...um mad when he's in traffic. It's just him being him."

Mia nods in understanding, though her grip on my arm doesn't release.

Mickey leans into us. "Maybe we should've waited for the minibus."

I spot Conan glaring at him through the mirror. "Agreed."

A few minutes pass, and Conan pulls into a gas station.

"Stay here, or don't. I don't care either way. I'm grabbing some stuff for Allie." He states, stepping out of the car and slamming the door behind him.

I rub mia's shoulder to wake her up, making sure to be gentle so she isn't startled again. "Do you want anything from the gas station?"

Mia sits up, wiping her eyes. "Hm?" Her hand moves onto my chest as she looks up at me.

Holy shit she's adorable.

"Gas station. Want anything?" I ask again, simplifying my words to make them easier for her to process.

Her eyes light up. "Yeah!"

I chuckle. "What do you want? Quick because if Conan comes back before I do, he's gonna drive off and leave me here -"

"Hot chocolate and....." She thinks for a moment. "You know those crossaints with chocolate chips in them?"

"The pan au chocolate thing?"