Chapter 1 - Turning

Author's Note: I feel like this needs an I hate this warning Lol

Warning: Depression, non-consensual biting/turning, possessive behavior, and... basically, Crosshair being Crosshair

~ Rivana Rita

He was supposed to bring them in, turn them, make them his again. There is no way this can go without his brothers rejoining the Empire, though Crosshair preferred to give them the offer of coming back before doing it by force. Not as if he has any qualms of hurting them – they are traitors, after all, but still. He might want to hurt them, but this will mean... changing them, and that's... different.

He needs to turn Hunter before the others get here – before they reach Kamino – just in case something goes downhill. They're smart, and if he's not careful, they... it could be close, and he won't risk losing any of them. He's not taking the risk of Hunter trying to escape first, either.

It's been – a long time since Crosshair was close to any of them, for anything other than violence, and he loathes it, loathes what his brothers did. They left him, and he doesn't think it'll ever stop hurting, that he'll ever stop being angry. It won't matter if they can't leave him, and that – he needs them here.

They were supposed to stay together. They – but they left him, as if he didn't mean anything to them.

His newfound instincts – they're new and strange, but he doesn't really mind what they are – are burning, as is his hunger – demanding that he turn Hunter and make him his, to soak up his warmth and feed, to know the taste of his blood and to be with him again, to not have to worry about Hunter leaving.

He wants him back, more than anything. He wants them all back.

He's grateful it was Hunter who was captured first, not one of the others, because turning him has the most... meaning. He's their leader, and if he stays, they all will.

They left him. They're traitors. That's not – it's not something they ever did.

Hunter is careful at keeping his face blank, but Crosshair can see the wariness and worry. He's afraid, and Crosshair doesn't really like seeing it. It's wrong. Hunter shouldn't... look like that. He's not supposed to be afraid. It's there, though – burning in the darkness of his eyes and radiating from the tenseness of his posture, the way he's somewhat curled in on himself. "Where are we going?" he asks.

Crosshair isn't... supposed to feed on him – that's not something he's supposed to do past his turning, which was over some weeks ago – but he still wants to. He wants to feel close to them again, to feel safe with being close to them. "You'll find out soon enough."

Hunter practically flinches back when Crosshair moves closer, pressing himself against the wall and straightening farther, but he holds Crosshair's gaze, anyway. He's not – he wouldn't be like this if he hadn't left the Empire in the first place.

(It still makes him feel sick to see Hunter being so jittery around him, to see that he's afraid of him.)

Crosshair crouches next to him, taking the comm from his belt and turning it on. Hunter's gaze follows him, tense and wary.

"And so will your squad."

"Using my comm won't work. They'll know it's a trap," Hunter objects instantly.

As if he doesn't even know them or what they stand for and are. Or, rather, were. "They'll still come for you," Crosshair throws back, attaching the comm to his belt. Hunter's here, and he's so close, and the beating of his heart is... alluring. He's here, so close and he doesn't need to wait. He shifts back, glancing at his squad members – they won't be for much longer, not if his brothers are back. He doesn't know what it'll mean for them once they are, but... they'll find out. "Leave us."