Chapter Five:The Cave

Last night was crazy. I would never have thought that it could be possible for someone like Luna to exist. She is very fascinating, and I hope we can spend more time together so that I can learn more about her.

Last night, after Luna visited with me, I was writing about it in this journal, and eventually I got pretty tired. I ended up falling asleep on the couch, and when I woke up, it was nearly nine o'clock in the morning.

I did not see luna around, so I took a shower, and changed into some fresh clothes to start my day. When I stepped out of the bathroom, I saw that Luna was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for me.

Luna was dressed differently today, clearly prepared for a day of exploring. She wore a snug, long-sleeved black shirt, paired with dark, durable pants. Her boots looked sturdy, perfect for navigating rough terrain. She had a light, fitted jacket over her shirt, and her long black hair was tied back into a practical ponytail.

"You look.. different," I said, as I thought about the purpose of her attire.

"Good morning to you too," she laughed, flashing her sharp teeth. "I want to take you somewhere, but I think we should have some breakfast first."

In agreement, I took a seat across from her. There was a basket of food on the table. It contained a few apples, some pepperoni, and a bottle of water. Beside the basket, there was a metal canteen. Luna must have noticed me looking at it.

"That's for me. It's some of the synthetic blood I told you about last night," Luna explained.

As I took a bite out of one of the apples, Luna unscrewed the lid of the canteen and took a sip.

"Have you ever eaten regular food?" I asked.

"No," Luna replied. "I don't find it appealing. I imagine it wouldn't be anything more to me than a mouthful of sand to you."

"What about that," I said, eyeing the canteen. "Does it taste good?"

"Yes," She replied. "I enjoy the synthetic blood, but it's just not the same as the real stuff."

"You mean animal blood, right?" I asked.

"Of coarse," Luna said in a serious tone. "Do you feel uncomfortable about it?"

"Honestly, it's a bit strange for me, but we all have our needs I suppose," I told her.

"That's understandable," she said as she finished the contents of the canteen.

After breakfast, I put on an old coat that was on a hanger by the door, and we both stepped outside.

It was particularly sunny at this time, so I wondered if that would be of any discomfort to Luna. When I asked about this, she told me that though she preferred the night, sunlight along with other weaknesses known to vampires have no affect on her.

"I think it's a pure-blood thing," she said.

There was something I noticed about her eyes. Her pupils seemed like those of a cat. Last night they looked normal, but I guess there's a lot more light right now, so that must be causing them to change this way.

We walked through the forest for a while, Luna leading the way. Eventually, we arrived at a cliff that overlooked the Atlantic Ocean.

"The cave is below us," Luna told me.

I asked her how we would get down. I noticed it was quite a long way down to the rocks and water below. Luna told me that she brought a rope, as she began to take it out of a back pack she had brought with her. I watched as she tied it to the nearest tree.