Chapter 2

It's been two years to the day, they got admission into this university. Time was slipping away like sand through fingers, moving swiftly and silently, leaving behind only memories. Memories of them from talking to each other for the first time to talking to each other daily and days felt incomplete, like unfinished verses, if they didn't meet or hear each other's voices, from arguing over their polar opposite opinions regarding any topic to doing all the work as a team and from not even knowing each others' name to the moment when their lives intersect, and from shared laughter and understanding, they forge a bond so deep that it transforms into the purest form of friendship.

Only friendship?

Everyone's familiar with the sentiment, "Dosti hi pyaar hai. Agar Wo meri sabse achi dost nahi ho sakti, to main usse kabhi pyaar Kar hi nahi sakta". Perhaps their bond embodies this very kind of friendship.

Their connection was immediate and deep, although they didn't say anything. Their minds were confused while their hearts had already given up on one another. The intricacy of their thoughts could not dismiss the simplicity of love that has silently taken root and grown deep.

They were still discovering new things about each other. Such as Farjaad's discipline is something he learnt from his father, Umeed can do anything for her loved ones, Farjaad is so delicate that he gets sick whenever he gets wet in rain, Umeed is an opinionated woman but it is so easy to convince her with love and calmness, Farjaad is a gym freak but loves sabudana kheer cooked by his mom and many more.

Farjaad recently uncovered a tender secret about Umeed: her soul finds solace in the pages of fairytales. She delights in tales where a princess meets her prince charming, and they dance into a happily ever after. For Umeed, these enchanted stories offer a sublime refuge, a dreamscape where reality fades and her heart can wander freely.

"Wait, wait" Umeed laughed and hold up her hand to stop farjaad mid-sentence.

"Tumne kabhi books nahi padhi" asked with a mixture of shock and curiosity.

"Padhi hain na, lekin tumhari tarah ye romance aur fiction books nahi pasand mujhe, main non-fiction padhta hoon jo zindagi mein kuch seekh dein" Farjaad said.

"Achaaa!! Isliye to tum aise ho" Umeed replied with an expression of thinking something.

"Aisa Matlab kaisa?" Farjaad raised his eyebrows and asked.

"Boring, jiski zindagi mein fitness, studies aur sabudana ke alawa kuch nahi hai." Umeed laughed.

"Ohh hello!! Main ek responsible insaan hoon jiski zindagi mein ye fazool kahaniyon ke liye waqt nahi hai" He replied.

"Meri baat suno, ye itni pyaari kahaaniyon ko fazool ki Khushi mein kaha hai tumne? Ek ye kahaniyaan hi to hain jisse ye zindagi chal rahi hai warna ye iss reality ke duniya mein kuch maje ka nahi hai" She stood up and put her hands on her hips.

"Acha jii!!?? Jitni tumhe ye fairytales ki kahaniyon aur books ka shauk hai na, main to hairan hoon kabhi tumhare room mein bhi prince charming ki photos na lagi ho" Farjaad said mischievously.

"Bas ab itna bhi kuch nahi hai" Umeed replied while laughing.

"Waise batao tumhe tumhara prince charming mila ya nahi?" Farjaad asked.

"Abhi nahi lekin mujhe bharosa hai mere liye bhi ek prince charming hoga jo mere saare khwaab poore karega" Umeed replied.