Chapter 3

"Toh miss Umeed pasha, ye hain aapki fiction books, dekh lo jo aapko pasand aaye" farjaad asked.

"Haan aaj main bohat saari books le Kar jaungi" Umeed replied with a little jump.

Farjaad was leaning against a bookshelf, his eyes fixed on Umeed, who stood in front of the opposite shelf, skimming through books. His lips curled into a wide smile as he watched her move, her delicate fingers trailing over the spines, picking up one book after another. She’d open a book, flip through a few pages, shake her head, and return it to its place. She was in search of the perfect one, while Farjaad was content just watching her, the affection in his eyes growing with every passing second.

They were completely absorbed in their own world, unaware of time or anyone around them.

But suddenly, he felt a light tap on his shoulder.

He turned and there was a girl stood - tall, slim, wearing black one piece and her brown coloured hair enhancing her overall look.

"Ohh Reena" He gave her a side hug with a wide smile on his face.

"Tum yahan kaise?" He asked in curiosity.

"Bas kuch books lene aayi thi" she said reciprocating the hug.

She scanned the bookstore with her eyes and asked "Lekin tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?"

Farjaad opened his mouth to respond but stopped mid-sentence when he listened Umeed's voice.

"Farjaad tumhein Pata hai -" she turned towards him talking to him, unaware of Reena’s presence. But stopped as soon as she realised there was someone with him.

She stepped towards them with a confusion on his face and a lot of questions in eyes.

"Reena, this is umeed, my friend. Umeed, this is Reena, my cousin and childhood bestfriend." He introduced them to each other with his hand moving to and fro between them, respective of the person he was talking about.

"Oh hi Umeed. Nice to meet you" Reena extended her hand for a handshake.

Umeed still stuck at 'childhood bestfriend' forced a smile on her face. "Likewise" and placed her hand in Reena’s for a handshake. But that fake smile didn't go unnotice by farjaad.

Childhood bestfriends? I have read many books where leads are childhood bestfriends and they fall in love with each other when they grow up.

She, being dramatic as always, thought of the most dramatic thing anyone could think of. She was lost in her thoughts when farjaad shook her by her arm.

"Umeed? Kahan kho gayi?" He asked.

"Kahi nahi" she shook her head, trying to come out of her 'weird' thoughts. 

"Chalo Reena, wahan baith jaate hain" he said gesturing towards his and Umeed's table. "Umeed Tum bhi chalo na"

"Nahi tum dono enjoy Karo, main books lene jaa rahi hoon" she left.

Isko kya hua hai? Abhi to itni excited thi, ab bilkul chup hogyi? He thought. "Anyways" he shrugged and followed Reena to their table.

"Tum kuch logi Reena? Coffee? Chai? Anything?" He asked while settling into his seat.

"Nahi farjaad, abhi lunch Kar ke hi aayi hoon Ghar se"

They both have met after a long time. So, they started conversation about their life updates. What was Reena doing nowadays? Which university she was going? What course did farjaad opt for? Do they have any love interests in life?