Scars of Loss

Rey's Home, Goazon Badlands, Jakku,

It was a bright and hot day on Jakku and it had been rough for former Resistance General Finn following the great defeats on Korriban and Ajan Kloss along with the loss of his best friend, Rey. As he sat outside the toppled AT-AT Hellhound Two, he was eating veg meat and polystarch which he was having flashbacks of Korriban and felt that everything that he had done for the Resistance since deserting the First Order had been for nothing.

As each day went by, his hope for defeating the First Order and the Sith Empire continued to diminish believing that it was pointless to fight while knowing that the Resistance cannot win. As he finished another day's worth of scavenging for Unkar Plutt, he returned to Hellhound Two as the Millennium Falcon arrived and Poe, Chewbacca, BB-8, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Ezra arrived to see their depressed friend.

"Hello Finn," Poe said. "We just wanted to check up on you and see if you are okay."

"Thank you," Finn said as he sat on the hammock. "I wish I could say that I'm okay."

"I know it is difficult," Ezra said as he approached Finn as he was able to relate to his situation. "I felt the same way when I lost my master to the Empire. But I did not give up. We persisted and eventually freed Lothal from Imperial rule. You must do the same."

As Finn exhaled, Poe then approached Ezra and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I think we should go," Poe said. "He made his choice."

Ezra hesitantly turned back to head to the Millennium Falcon as Finn sat down and lowered his head. As Poe and Chewbacca powered the Falcon, Finn entered and sat behind Poe and Chewbacca much to their surprise except Ezra who smiled as he was aware that his words helped Finn regain his confidence.

"I'm glad that you came back with us," Poe said. "We really need your help. We will discuss it further in the Jedi Temple on Tython."

"Very well," Finn replied. "Let's go save the galaxy."