05 || Go On

tw: slight language, otherwise none

major thanks to: @aliveforegg and @agayntrans_raspberry, ily both so much<33
==================================

Goob froze slightly, his eyes narrowing but at the same time softening. He didn't mind Shrimpo's hand on his, hell, he didn't even notice it until he had a snap back to the present, tilting his head away. "Well, what is it then, Shrimpo..? H- hurry before Scraps drags you out.." He muttered, the last bit bringing a small smile to his lips. Shrimpo smiled lightly, happy that he could actually say something. "Well, it's just.." He started, although cutting himself off, taking a deep breath and holding onto Goob's other hand as well. He didn't know how to word it. A confession wasn't an easy thing to say, especially after hurting the other's feelings. And, Shrimpo's last confession didn't work out so well with Boxten.. that only made it harder for him to say, even though it was a year ago. "Fuck it.. Goob, I don't know how to really say this because I'm just really weird and awkward and I'm just a really shitty person who can't control his own emotions, but, I've had a crush on you for a while, and I know it sounds stupid and right now probably wasn't the best time to say it, but-" Shrimpo spoke out quickly, his words a bit jumbled and he had a pause between a few words. He froze, taking a moment to breathe. Shrimpo closed his eyes for a moment, his lips in a tight line. When Shrimpo opened his eyes again, he didn't expect to see Goob crying again. Did he say something? Maybe he should've just kept quiet for another year.. "I- I'm sorry, I'll just go now-" Shrimpo muttered, trying to back away. Goob held onto Shrimpo's hands tighter, pulling him back and even closer than before. "No, don't go.." He muttered, pulling one hand back to wipe his face off using his sleeve. Shrimpo was confused, his expression softening. Why would Goob want him to stay? "I.. what if- what if I told you that.." Goob murmured, his voice barely audible. He tried to find the words that were stuck in his throat, swallowing. "I thought you hated me, Shrimpy.. I'm glad that- that you like me back." He stated, more tears rolling down his face. He couldn't believe Shrimpo had actually liked him. Goob never thought this would happen, especially not after the whole yelling thing. Silence eventually filled the room, both of them unsure of what to do or say. Shrimpo just couldn't take it anymore, leaning in towards Goob. The other man tilted his head up, unsure of what was happening. Bad move, tilting your head up.. Completely vulnerable.. Shrimpo closed the gap between their lips, his eyes closed tight. Oh, the look on Goob's face.. Shrimpo wished he could've seen it. Both of their bodies were tensed at first contact before eventually relaxing. Goob practically melted into the kiss, being way too flustered. Shrimpo eventually pulled back, giving Goob some space. "So.. what does this this mean? Do you.. do you forgive me now? Are we.. y'know.. a thing?" He inquired, still holding onto Goob's hands with his own. After seeing their face all red and embarrased, he chuckled lightly, finding it cute. Goob thought for a moment, keeping eye contact with Shrimpo for a while. "..yeah, I guess we are. I'd forgiven way earl-" He was cut off again, Shrimpo letting go of his hands. Shrimpo wrapped his arms around Goob's waist, bringing them for yet another kiss. Goob stumbled back slightly, although catching himself. He slowly wrapped his own arms around Shrimpo's neck for some kind of support, which surprisingly helped. This was a new experience for both of them, but damn did it feel nice. Both their bodies practically fit together like puzzle peices. Goob pulled back first, taking a moment to breathe. His face was all red, and he had a stupid and flustered (but cute) look on his face. Shrimpo smirked a bit, his grip tightening a bit. "Cute.." Shrimpo spoke with a small chuckle, teasing him. "Well.. I guess- guess I'll talk to you later, then.. don't want Scraps to drag me out of here." He murmured with another chuckle, beginning to let go of Goob. He nodded in agreement, letting Shrimpo's neck go. "Yeah, I'll see you at dinner, right?" Goob questioned, taking a small step back and wiping his face off with his arm. Shrimpo nodded, smiling. "Yeah.. see you then, love." He was definitely trying to get a reaction from Goob, already calling him love. "Gah- go on, then! She- she can probably hear us.." He muttered, covering his face with his hands. Shrimpo nodded, still chuckling. He gave them a quick little kiss on the cheek, right before opening the door. "Alright, see ya!" He called out, quickly closing the door before Goob could even react. He ran back across the hall, going into his own room and quickly closing the door behind him. He couldn't stop smiling, almost like it was physically impossible for him to. Shrimpo flopped onto his bed, squealing a bit. He couldn't believe it. "Fuck- I sounded so stupid, just confessing like that.. but hey, I got the boy, right?" He talked to himself, rolling onto his back and staring at the ceiling, his breath heavy. Goob, on the other hand, was acting way more excited. He was jumping around his room, making all different kinds of happy noises and squeals and things of the sort. Scraps heard the racquet from all the way down the hall, rushing back too Goob's room. She quickly opened the door. "Is everything okay?!"

"I think- I think I just got a partner!"
==================================

945 words

YAY HAPPY GOOB!!
after this I gotta go to sleep, i promised pookie

goob's reaction was inspired by my reaction to when I get a wattpad or discord dm from one of my pookies<33
(ily)