ii.

"and so he ran."

TIM DRAKE

TIM DRAKE

TIM WAS NEVER THE ONE TO BE IMPULSIVE.

He always thought long and hard about every action that he took and every thought that crossed his mind. Aside from his father, Tim could be considered the greatest detective in the world, with combative skills to match. There was a reason why Ra's Al Ghul wanted to inherit his body so bad. But this particular decision that he made leaned on the very much impulsive side.

Upon becoming Robin, Tim had been faced with the turmoil and challenges that came with dawning the cowl.

At first it was the constant reminder that he'd never live up to be like the previous Robin, Jason Todd. Bruce didn't openly vocalize this opinion but Tim could see it in his actions. As much as Tim tried to get Bruce to understand the importance of Batman having his Robin, the young protege had still been unconsidered in many situations, his talents undermined.

It escalated further with the introduction of Damian, Bruce's biological son. By the time that he came around, Tim had already been out of the manor at this point. He'd began splitting his time between the Young Justice team and testing the waters to see if he could maintain his own thing for a while. Thus, Red Robin was born. It felt nice to Tim, like having his own identity while still paying respects to the man he looked up to despite their rocky relationship. But it seemed that only Tim could see that, with Bruce's youngest ward choosing to constantly remind him that he was nothing compared to him. This also sparked a bitter rivalry between the two brothers.

Things finally became too much for Tim when Bruce went missing.

Despite having practically removed himself from the Wayne family, he still saw Bruce has his father. But when Tim got the call that he would be taking over Wayne Enterprise until the could locate his father who had been missing for over three weeks, he rushed home. He was furious that Dick, who had been parading around Gotham as Batman, did not tell him as soon as Bruce was declared missing. Dick told Tim he didn't want anyone else to worry, that he and Damian would find Bruce and bring him home.

Tim didn't want to hear it, so he took it upon himself to track down his father. He was successful too, but when all his hard work was credited to his first son's because they had been the ones to uncover the ulterior motive behind Bruce's kidnapping, Tim had finally snapped.

He'd stormed back to his apartment after their reunion turned sour, all parties exchanging words fueled by anger in the heat of the moment. Tim just wanted his recognition, to not be treated like the son Bruce felt like he only had to adopt because he figured out his identity. He just wanted his father to treat him like his son. But Bruce doubled down on the fact that he wasn't going to hold his hand and pat his back every time that he did something good. Bruce brushed off that Tim was clearly his son and that it was only Tim doubting himself. It didn't help that Damian took it upon himself to rant about how mediocre Tim was and that he needed to suck it up. The only one Tim could sympathize with was Dick, who tried his best to get everyone to calm down and understand each other's perspectives.